General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

It feels good to be back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
It feels good to be back!

You never realize how much you miss something 'till it's gone. It feels so good to be able to turn on a light, flush the toilet and take a shower again. I never thought I would miss the stupid stuff soo much either like being able to microwave a sandwich and watch sportscenter, or talk to all of you guys on the computer. Slowly but surely everything is getting back to normal they even lifted the curfew finally YEA!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It feels good to be back!

Glad to hear it's getting back to normal for you guys. Congrats!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:59 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back! Musta been cool to look up through the eye over your back yard. Once in a lifetime thing.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Back Marker

W-O-T
Welcome back!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Squid

Sighter
Glad you are through that mess and back to normal.

As much as I hate the onset of cooler weather this hurricane season makes it a lot more welcome than normal.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome back dude. So are you thinking about your next bike yet. Are you gonna be riding again?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:22 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road

It sure has been a busy hurricane season this year for those in the southern US... Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for the residents.

Luckily we don't get hurricanes here in Buffalo, NY but the winters can get interesting when the occasional blizzard blows in. 7 feet of snow in 4 days a few years back was certainly interesting...

Rick B
02 SH
Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 AM
MotoGP

Thanks guys, yeah it was interesting to see the eye I could actually see blue sky for a while. There was about 45 mins of calm and then without warning 118 mph winds, trees were literaly bending to the point that the tops would scrape the ground!

Rick you can keep your Buffalo winters, I'd rather risk going through a cat 4 hurricane, (cat5 I'm getting the hell out of town!)

As far as the bike it sat safely in the the garage. As a matter of fact Frankenhawk is doing it's first track days since the front suspension upgrade this weekend. We'll see if the usd forks improve my lap times as I was starting to exceed the old front ends limitations.

Hurricane season doesn't offically end until the third week in Nov. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are done being hit in the U.S. This is the time of year I moved down from Connecticut for it's 81 degrees out and gorgeous. Screw the down traffic lights and maniac drivers I'm going ridding!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road

The warm weather and the ability to ride between November and April would be nice... The winters aren't that bad, anyways thats what they made 4 wheel drive for - its fun driving through 1 - 2 feet of snow like its not there We only get a good blizzard occasionally: 1977, 1985, 1993 and 2001 during my lifetime.

I was in Florida around Christmas time a few years back and cutting down a tree in a t-shirt and shorts just doesn't feel right... I like the snow around xmas time but other than that 60 and sunny would suit me fine!

Rick B
02 SH
Old 11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
MotoGP

I've always hated cold weather that's why I moved in the first place. Before I moved we would ride as long as it was close to 50 degrees. Now if it hits 50 I'm shivering with leathers on, (I know you think I'm a puss, but once your used to 80 or above 50 is damn cold!)

As far as Christmas is concerned my first year I went to the beach. but if you want a white Christmas that's what relatives are for.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Squid

apbrian112

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
You never realize how much you miss something 'till it's gone. It feels so good to be able to turn on a light, flush the toilet and take a shower again. I never thought I would miss the stupid stuff soo much either like being able to microwave a sandwich and watch sportscenter, or talk to all of you guys on the computer. Slowly but surely everything is getting back to normal they even lifted the curfew finally YEA!!!!
hehe... glad to see that everything was ok. i got the same feeling of "never miss until it's gone" when i got deployed to iraq in 2003. helps you enjoy the little things!