General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

E-Bay seller warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Squid

hawknator is on a distinguished road
E-Bay seller warning

FYI-I have been on ebay for over 10-yrs now and haven't ran into a bigger jerk than Maxsalvage. I made an offer on a R6 voltage RR and 1-day later a guy posts one for sale on Craigslist locally. I send email to Maxsalvage and request that he doesn't accept my offer of $25 as I found one locally. 2-days later Maxsalvage accepts my offer anyway. I guess for $25 I will have a nice spare but just wanted to let others know what kind of a business this is. Sincerely,Hawknator
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Back Marker

msethhunter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hawknator
FYI-I have been on ebay for over 10-yrs now and haven't ran into a bigger jerk than Maxsalvage. I made an offer on a R6 voltage RR and 1-day later a guy posts one for sale on Craigslist locally. I send email to Maxsalvage and request that he doesn't accept my offer of $25 as I found one locally. 2-days later Maxsalvage accepts my offer anyway. I guess for $25 I will have a nice spare but just wanted to let others know what kind of a business this is. Sincerely,Hawknator

So you basically asked to back out of a contract, and the seller said no? Your fault, not his. Although it may be a d-bag move, he's running a buisness, and I'm sure this guy has been hosed too.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:21 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, ebay is really a bully. You cant speak to anyone and I only ONCE got out of a similar situaion, but they subtracted the "cost" of the ad from the refund. Its like a finger trap. I sold one item "as is no returns" and ebay made me take it back! (or risk bad ratings). You got off easy at 25 clams & you can easily sell it for that.
And beware the monster of ebay.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Just don't complete the transaction if you don't want to... that's what everybody else does... contract or not. eBay sides with buyers any given day of the week. At most you'll get an unpaid item strike... big whoop. The seller is the one who looses in this scenario... time lost trying to get their final value fee back from eBay and/or trying to get a buyer to pay, listing fee's, potential lost sale since their item isn't available because it's been "purchased", etc...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Squid

wow-try and warn some people about questionable business tactics and I become a whiner about a monster....not my intent, my bad I guess wha wha wha, I feel better now thanx!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Back Marker

superh1998 is on a distinguished road
Why wouldn't you simply retract the offer before he accepted or declined it?
That way the auction never ends and therefore no fees to him.
You can do it for the reason that you offered the wrong amount. There is at least one other option as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Squid

yea, I contacted him and explained the situation, it was a low offer anyway and if he would have just let it expire this wouldn't have happened... and like I told them, that at that price I would be glad to have a spare-Issue is resolved though as they emailed me back and deceided to cancel the deal, maybe they seen this thread on here, who knows but Im happy!