General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Dual motoGP exhaust on hawk

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Dual motoGP exhaust on hawk

What you guys think about this? Would it give the right amount of back pressure? Its baffled.. Thinking about putting my TBR on for sale..I kinda dig the straight pipe sound..

What I'm thinking about doing is use these as baffle and put more piping on it going under the tail.. Sound good? some jetting would do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/unive...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-02-2010, 06:13 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
My ears are bleeding already.

Last edited by inderocker; 06-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
if your neighbors like you now they wont when you put those on your bike. Other than that i bet a sh would sound awesome with those on until you get tired of your ears ringing
Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
you may as well go to Autozone and buy a couple of these for 20 bucks and see for yourself.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Seems like they might get you some attention that you really would not want.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by inderocker
My ears are bleeding already.

I just cut off the pipe to a stock exhaust from a i think an r-6 and the pipe is baffle so that will be my baffle and I will pay a visit to a muffler shop sometime this week... I always wear helmet.. sucks to be a harley dude with no helmet looking cool beside me.. will let you guys know how it goes with its done..

Oh yea just to tell you guys straight pipe is not good ( dont do it), I know some of you out there been searching I did my search already and I rode the bike today with straight pipe, very poor low end response and the high end is extremely flat.. hopefully with this baffle in there it would give enough back pressure.. I will be the pig on this one..
Old 06-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Squid

11strings is on a distinguished road
I ran open pipes on mine for a while (basically open - made a sort of DIY restricter to add some pressure). People behind me complained about how loud it was, although they admitted that it sounded amazing. Neighbors all hated me when I got up and went to work at 5:30 in the morning, but I must admit, as loud as it was to everyone else, it wasn't that loud to me going down the road. I do wear a helmet, and I could hear it, but it wasn't bad. Poor guys behind me though...
Old 06-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Perforated eardrum comes to mind.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
On my Hawt GT, which is a 2 into 1, I went to NAPA and bought a 7 degree angled exhaust connector which is about 12" long with a 7 degree bend in it for $6.00. I attached that to a SuperTrapp 10" SC Elite Universal muffler, which attached to the 2 into 1 collector located under the bike, like the SH sort of.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...rsal/index.asp

They have many to choose from. It looked really cool. I got the idea from the HawkGT forum. Sorry, no photos, but you get the idea.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
It's decisions like this that could eventually affect all of us in the end. New noise pollution laws are hard to enforce now, but I'm sure with the ever growing popularity of putting straight pipes on your p.o.s. hog could give local authorities the leverage they need to invest in some decibel measuring equipment. I'm all about motorcyclist's freedoms, (no helmet laws, etc..) but living in downtown Prescott has made me a strong opponent to straight pipes. When the bars let out at 1am all you can hear is the roar of a bunch of HD **** leaving for the next 30-60 min. Whats wrong with with the TBR pipes you have now? I know that they're not exactly quiet, but I'm sure it's a lot more pleasant to listen to than your alternative. Myabe I'm just getting old, but it sure seems to me that loud pipes say "look at me, I need attention"

Last edited by inderocker; 06-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by inderocker
It's decisions like this that could eventually affect all of us in the end. New noise pollution laws are hard to enforce now, but I'm sure with the ever growing popularity of putting straight pipes on your p.o.s. hog could give local authorities the leverage they need to invest in some decibel measuring equipment. I'm all about motorcyclist's freedoms, (no helmet laws, etc..) but living in downtown Prescott has made me a strong opponent to straight pipes. When the bars let out at 1am all you can hear is the roar of a bunch of HD **** leaving for the next 30-60 min. Whats wrong with with the TBR pipes you have now? I know that they're no exactly quiet, but I'm sure it's a lot more pleasant to listen to than your alternative. Myabe I'm just getting old, but it sure seems to me that loud pipes "say look at me, I need attention"

I got no neighbor I live in the country..TBR baffle is knocked off.. Plan is still on hold.. Still pretty much deciding if i'ma keep the rc51 fairing or not.. I have to open my TBR to fix it. Don't need attention as you can tell i live in the country.. thought it sound cool.. I did put that baffle on there to see how it sound.. it sound pretty much like the TBR but with less weight.. not too loud.. Thanks for everyone comments I really needed it.. cause cutting this I can't go back since i'ma cutting where the Y is at.. so yea... We'll see
Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
Look at the pipes on this SH:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item3a5b88843f
Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
I like a nice sounding bike as much as the next guy but please don't go making it all crazy loud. There's a couple of guys with 600's on my local forum that I ride with occasionally and their bikes are downright irresponsibly loud. Without ear plugs you cannot stand to ride next to or close behind them for more than a few minutes. And obnoxious even at idle.

Definatley not good for the sport. Not much different than hanging wheelies in traffic or other squidly behavior. Just gonna make the public hate us motorcyclists.

I got to witness one of these jackasses dyno their bike too. The noise was definatley impressive, but highly unnecessary. He even brought a decibel meter cause he just had to know how loud it was. Form about 10 or 15 feet behind it registered 158 db. This thing was excruciatingly loud at 15,000 or more rpm!

And it was running so lean that it boiled over all over the dyno. He about **** his pants thinking a rod went or something else catastrophic. That was my first thought too. Then the smell of engine ice filled the room.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by residentg

That look ghetto... hahahha..

I tested mine wont be any louder than my TBR. just different look.. Can't believe 8 inches of baffle can make such different in sound..
Old 06-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Squid

youngdrew47 is on a distinguished road

Did you read his ad? He said he bought a Hardley he would rather ride????????? WTF?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
I really like the stock mufflers, and I don't really mind the after market stuff, but those things are dicked up. When he said he'd rather ride his new Harley, well... I laughed so hard I spit half of my Coke on the keyboard.