General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Deals Gap and Blueridge Parkway

Old 12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

lrrs195 is on a distinguished road
Deals Gap and Blueridge Parkway

I`m planning a trip to the smokey mts. next year, probably the last week of May. I really hate riding in traffic and want to avoid the summer crowds!Is it a good idea to go this early in the season? What kind of weather can I expect? I think I`m going to stay at a place called Fontana Village right on Fontana Lake. It`s within spitting distance to the dragon and the cherola parkway .Has anyone ever stayed there or any locals know anything about this resort? I`m looking for ideas and advice from any local superhawk riders on planning this trip. Maybe we can hook up and do some riding on some good backroads.
Thanks, Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
Hit the Blue Ridge for sure!!
Around May, you have to be a little more careful of Parkway Patrol (Very Expensive Tickets!!!!)...as well on the Dragon.
The parkway is a beautiful road that has amazing views around every corner. There are many pull-offs for cars, which are used
Weather on the Ridge is slightly chilly, especially the more north you travel (can get very cold far north)...but for the most part it's very nice riding weather.

The Dragon is awesome!!!.....but has pretty much been shut down by dick head cops. They look for anything to pull you over and will sometimes even ride your *** for miles. Also be careful of the 18-Wheeler ******* that tend to travel across the yellow lines.
The Dragon is a road you have to do more than once though. First run to get familiar, second to get more familiar , and then you can start REALLY riding it. (Visit the famous tree....just try not to add any parts of your bike to it)