General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Deals Gap Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Deals Gap Sucks

With this many people heading to deals gap this year I now know why I don't go up as much as I use to

APRIL 2007

MAY 2007
  • May 3-6 Fifth Annual Mini's on the Dragon- AKA the Mini Cooper Invasion, a most colorful time at Deals GapCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 4-6Audi Club / OhioVW / fatDUBS! Dragon Run 2007 CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS or HERE FOR DETAILS or HERE FOR DETAILS
  • May 11-14 Sportbikes.net at Deals GapCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 12-20 Homeland Sportbikes and Friends Attack the DragonCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 14-20 Christian Sportbike Association Returns to the DragonCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 15-208th Annual Eastern 2 Stroke Motorcycle Meet at the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 16-20 Yamaha FJ Spring Rally Headquartered in Boone, but many will be passing through the DragonCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 17-20 SuperMotoJunkie.com Slays the DragonCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 17-20 Eastern V-Strom Riders 5th Annual Get-together at the Iron Horse Campground. Everyone welcomed.
  • May 17-21 Honda V4 Spring Get Together at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp. CLICK HERE EMAIL BILL
  • May 18 Ferrari Cup Challenge Comes to the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 18-20 ZDayZ at the Dragon - Headquarters at Fontana Village CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 18-26 The Florida Moores 3rd Annual Assault on the Dragon
  • May 18-23 The UpNorthImport.com from Toronto Canada CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 30-June 2 DetroitSportBikes.com VS. the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • May 31-June 3 Spring Out of the Closet to the Dragon - CBR, GSXR, GSXR-T, RC-51 and VFR Adventurer's from Raleigh/Durham, NC
  • May 31-June 3 ZRX Owner's Association - Will be at the Dragon. Annual YTRAP Memorial Rally at Suches, Georgia. All riders welcome.

JUNE 2007
  • June 2-9 Massachusetts Dragon Riders 3rd Annual Assault on the Dragon - Headquarted at The TreeTops.
  • June 4-10 TW Group Rally At the Tapoco Lodge
  • June 7-10 StreetStangs.net will be at the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 7-10 Suzuki GS - GSResources.com - 4th Annual Southeastern RallyCLICK HERE FOR DETAILSorHERE FOR DETAILS
  • June 8-10 2007 Deal's Gap FZ1 Rally CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 8-10 4th Annual National SV Rally at the Gap CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 8-10 Suburu Alcyone Dragon Meet- Suburu's forgotten sports car.
  • June 11-17 R1-forum.com and R6-forum.com Deals Gap Convention CLICK HERE FOR DETAILSorHERE FOR DETAILS
  • June 13-17 ZX6E.net Forum Gathering at the Dragon - CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 15-16 Moped Riders Association Ride the Dragon and Other Area Roads CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 16-21 All Aero Ride: Tennessee (AAR:TN) - Honda Aero riders based in Townsend, TN with daily group rides in the area. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 20-23Honda Hoot 2006 - Join the crowds of riders at Chillhowee Park Knoxville, Tennessee. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 22-24 XL Forum at the Dragon and other Area RoadsCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 22-24 YZF600R's Return to the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 27-July 1 Intruder Alert Forum Some 100 motorcycles already signed-up for the tripCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • June 28-July 1 Pre-97 Yamaha YZFs at the Dragon Others welcome too. BBQ, campfires, lots of riding, Cornering Clinic
    by Bill Prudhel CLICK HERE FOR INFO

JULY 2007
  • July 6-8 USA 7s at the Dragon - Lotus 7s - 50th Anniversary Meet CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • July 6-8 Triangle Area Porsche Club of America at the Tail of the Dragon
  • July 13-15 IPCRC Internet Pacific Coast Riders Club Honda PC800 at the Tail
  • July 14-21 KatRiders.com Annual Deals Gap Rally CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • July 28-29 Miatas at the Gap CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • July 28-29 Mustangs Assault the DragonCLICK HERE EMAIL
AUGUST 2007

SEPTEMBER 2007
  • September 6-9 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • September 8-9 2nd Annual Wildhorses Mustang Club Cruising The DragonCLICK HERE FOR INFO
  • September 13-16 Chooch Motorcycle Club Rides the Dragon East Coast Club of European Motorcycle Enthusiasts. CLICK HERE EMAIL
OCTOBER 2007
Old 04-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Back Marker

xecutech is on a distinguished road
Deals gap far from sucks. That's one of the hottest places to ride in the south east. If you want to go fast and have less crowds, go to a track.
I don't even think I have ever heard that it sucks, even after bikes are lost there!

I guess everyone has there opinions, but I think it's one of the coolest places to ride.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xecutech
Deals gap far from sucks. That's one of the hottest places to ride in the south east. If you want to go fast and have less crowds, go to a track.
I don't even think I have ever heard that it sucks, even after bikes are lost there!

I guess everyone has there opinions, but I think it's one of the coolest places to ride.
Well since you live 58 miles from there don't you think you might go during the week days. When i go up there i alwasys plan a Monday or Fiday as well when the crowds are at home.

Besides, TN has hundreds of miles of roads better than the gap
Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
True, true on both accounts. The police presence has already been high this year. I completely understand that people come there to ride and have a good time and I'm all for that however, It's not the place to show off how good of a wheelie you can do or break every law for example, no license plates, mirrors, turn signals, and my favorite the number plate instead of a headlight. Going during the week used to be true but with the popularity it has gained going during the week has become just as bad as the weekends. Oh well, guess I'll have to suck it up and deal with it
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Talk about pissing in your own pool. Plus I know of at least 2 major forum group rides not listed so no telling how many more are under the radar. sheeshh....

I think the gap is too tight for cars. Man, if a bike blows a turn (and boy they do) there's at least some room but if a cage is crossed up there's usually no place to go on the inside and the outside isn't much better.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
So we only have to worry about a bunch of R1s/R6s @ the Gap on Monday & Tuesday following the SHOG Rally. Shouldn't be too bad.