Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Anybody been to deals gap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:25 AM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Anybody been to deals gap?

Me and some freinds are thinkin about making the trip. Or possibly Suches Ga ( Looks less crowded ) . Just wondering how crowded it is ? I have seen some video on the net , looks like fun but also looks like a lot of people (cars & bikes ) overun there lanes into oncoming traffic around blind turns trying to be a little to fast! Dont get me wrong I like to ride fast , but not at the expense of other riders! Also I know that stupid SUPERBIKES show on speed gave it some coverage . I worry that may bring out even more idiots!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Squid

98vtr1000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hrcvf1000r
Me and some freinds are thinkin about making the trip. Or possibly Suches Ga ( Looks less crowded ) . Just wondering how crowded it is ? I have seen some video on the net , looks like fun but also looks like a lot of people (cars & bikes ) overun there lanes into oncoming traffic around blind turns trying to be a little to fast! Dont get me wrong I like to ride fast , but not at the expense of other riders! Also I know that stupid SUPERBIKES show on speed gave it some coverage . I worry that may bring out even more idiots!
I have been to deals gap a few times and I can say that I have never been there on a weekend when some one has not gotten into an accident. I stay away from there on the weekends b/c that is when the idiots on their Busa's seem to be there attempting to make them turn. AS you imagined many people try to ride outside of their ability and end up over the center line.

I would check out Suches (TWO) and cherohala (sp) skyway. Not as many people although still crowded on weekends. Careful of Cops on cherohala - they see you from the air and then get you on your way down the mountain. Great ride though with big sweepers.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Superstock

Thanks for the advice, By the way I see you have the black jardines how do you like them and are they race baffle or street? I dont want obnoxious but I definitely want some rumble! I think the black high mounts would look good .
Old 09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Squid

98vtr1000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice, By the way I see you have the black jardines how do you like them and are they race baffle or street? I dont want obnoxious but I definitely want some rumble! I think the black high mounts would look good .
I like the pipes "okay" not sure of the baffles though - have not researched it. I just bought the bike about 1 month ago and have not had time or money to get into new stuff yet. I like the look of oval cans more and these are round. I also like a true HIGH mount exhaust. These are high but not nearly as high as I would like them to be. Do, however, like the black cans. they have a great finished and look really clean and neat when they are waxed/polished.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Back Marker

bowhawk is on a distinguished road
Deal's

Our group heads down in late April or first week in May. We've always had a good time but even then on weekends it gets busy. We stay in Alcoa and there is a Honda dealership that will steer you to roads that are as nice as Deal's but less crowded. There's a Hooters in town with bike night on Thursdays.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
With the weather cooling down the crowd is starting to get smaller and smaller. Going during the week is still your best bet.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road

I've had them on both superhawks I've owned. They only make them one way-they don't offer a "street" or "race" baffle on the round black powdercoated cans like they do w/ the oval cans. They're straight through and I remember one can had a spiral baffle and the other was just parallel to the length of the can (?) Anyway on my first superhawk I went from the original stock cans, which I was used to, to the Jardines and I thought they'd blow the tools off the walls in the garage they seemed so loud when I revved the bike up. But I experimented w/ several systems when I later bought another superhawk. I had D&D's before the Jardines and the Jardines were NOTICEABLY quieter-more tuned/muffled and less of that sharp LOUD Harley drag pipe sound from the D&D's. I don't think the Jardines give as deep a bass sound as say a two bros does. But it comes down to personal preference. But for the price compared to other new systems they are worth it and look real nice.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Superstock

Thanks for the info on the pipes . I think I have about decided to go with the RT1s high mount polished aluminum I didnt figure out at first that the black ones were smaller and straight through ! I am going to order them this week unless someone tells me the hi mount rt1s suck !