General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Damn you Mongorians.. i mean Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Damn you Mongorians.. i mean Craigslist

So I may be going to look at something just after Christmas...

Why do a front end swap when you can have the whole thing?

$3k, laid down on the left side with a dent in the tank, fairings are scratched up but not trashed SP1 with 31K miles. I was hoping to get a fuel injected SP2, but its a really good deal on an RC51 (for this area at least. Most are in the 5K range with decent models at dealerships still selling as high as $7K ). if it goes well I will be dumping the YZF600R track only bike after purchasing the 51, and I will get a second set of body work for the RC so it can do double duty on the street and the track. Of course I will also be keeping the Hawk, my mother is almost 60 and enjoys going out for a ride every once in a while. She likes riding on the hawk since I have a corbin with the back rest and has informed me I'm not allowed to sell it until she dies
Attached Thumbnails Damn you Mongorians.. i mean Craigslist-rc51.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
I hope you keep the Hawk for many years.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:24 PM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by insulinboy
I was hoping to get a fuel injected SP2

The RC51 was fuel injected for the entire production run, the only differences between the SP1 and SP2 are the size of the throttle bodies, frame, swingarm and brakes.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by sailorjerry
The RC51 was fuel injected for the entire production run, the only differences between the SP1 and SP2 are the size of the throttle bodies, frame, swingarm and brakes.
Thanks, I misread something then. I didn't think they went to fuel injection until the SP2 model, of course I thought this because I was informed that the 929RR was honda's first fuel injected literbike and they were introduced in 2000, and the RC was introduced in 99. I feel much better about it now I can do without the extra 5 or 10 hp the sp2 got over the 1
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
That RC should be a fun ride.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:32 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
That is very cool. I almost want to get a set of that bodywork just to run in summer. Dont think the bike is as liveable day to day tho. Good luck in getting it.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:22 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Open that thing up and its like being on the starship Enterprise going to warp. Everything in your periferal becomes a blur very quickly!! The thing is an absolute brick shithouse compared to the Hawk. Miserable ergos for the leisure cruise though(just my .02) . I'd say do it!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Actually the RC51 was also introduced in 2000... Anyhow I understand your point. I've said in the past after the SP2 swingarm nightmare I got involved in years ago that it would've just been a lot easier to buy an RC51 and put superhawk fairings on it...
Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Superstock

Actually for me the ergo's on the hawk are horrible. Not so much the seating position as the footpegs mostly (why I've been looking at an adjustable set) I have a bad hip, and a previously fractured back as well as scoliosis (which actually led to the fractures) hunched over on the bike is more comfortable for my back and the footpegs on the hawk are in just the right position to cause my hip to pop out of joint.

The rc51 at least statically has a more comfortable feel to me (other than the seat, I have a feeling I may miss my corbin) but regardless the hawk will be kept for long rides and 2 up riding, the rc51 will have Super Soft tires mounted (and possibly slicks at that) so that it will only be trailered to the mountains (my riding buddie has a cbr929rr and has decided in our last run to the mountains in sub 40 degree weather we were trailering there from now on ) and taken to the track. No long rides for the 51 are planned.. that doesn't mean it wont happen though
Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
Sweet bike. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Great looking bike!