SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Damn you Mongorians.. i mean Craigslist (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/damn-you-mongorians-i-mean-craigslist-31477/)

insulinboy 12-17-2013 11:22 AM

Damn you Mongorians.. i mean Craigslist

1 Attachment(s)
So I may be going to look at something just after Christmas...

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...6&d=1387307933

Why do a front end swap when you can have the whole thing?

$3k, laid down on the left side with a dent in the tank, fairings are scratched up but not trashed SP1 with 31K miles. I was hoping to get a fuel injected SP2, but its a really good deal on an RC51 (for this area at least. Most are in the 5K range with decent models at dealerships still selling as high as $7K :eek: ). if it goes well I will be dumping the YZF600R track only bike after purchasing the 51, and I will get a second set of body work for the RC so it can do double duty on the street and the track. Of course I will also be keeping the Hawk, my mother is almost 60 and enjoys going out for a ride every once in a while. She likes riding on the hawk since I have a corbin with the back rest and has informed me I'm not allowed to sell it until she dies :lol:

VTR1000F 12-17-2013 01:13 PM

I hope you keep the Hawk for many years.

sailorjerry 12-17-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by insulinboy (Post 366392)
I was hoping to get a fuel injected SP2

The RC51 was fuel injected for the entire production run, the only differences between the SP1 and SP2 are the size of the throttle bodies, frame, swingarm and brakes.

insulinboy 12-17-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sailorjerry (Post 366406)
The RC51 was fuel injected for the entire production run, the only differences between the SP1 and SP2 are the size of the throttle bodies, frame, swingarm and brakes.

Thanks, I misread something then. I didn't think they went to fuel injection until the SP2 model, of course I thought this because I was informed that the 929RR was honda's first fuel injected literbike and they were introduced in 2000, and the RC was introduced in 99. I feel much better about it now :) I can do without the extra 5 or 10 hp the sp2 got over the 1 :)

RobertLever 12-17-2013 04:26 PM

That RC should be a fun ride.

smokinjoe73 12-17-2013 06:32 PM

That is very cool. I almost want to get a set of that bodywork just to run in summer. Dont think the bike is as liveable day to day tho. Good luck in getting it.

Wolverine 12-17-2013 07:22 PM

Open that thing up and its like being on the starship Enterprise going to warp. Everything in your periferal becomes a blur very quickly!! The thing is an absolute brick shithouse compared to the Hawk. Miserable ergos for the leisure cruise though(just my .02) . I'd say do it!!!

captainchaos 12-17-2013 08:23 PM

Actually the RC51 was also introduced in 2000... Anyhow I understand your point. I've said in the past after the SP2 swingarm nightmare I got involved in years ago that it would've just been a lot easier to buy an RC51 and put superhawk fairings on it...

insulinboy 12-18-2013 08:22 AM

Actually for me the ergo's on the hawk are horrible. Not so much the seating position as the footpegs mostly (why I've been looking at an adjustable set) I have a bad hip, and a previously fractured back as well as scoliosis (which actually led to the fractures) hunched over on the bike is more comfortable for my back and the footpegs on the hawk are in just the right position to cause my hip to pop out of joint.

The rc51 at least statically has a more comfortable feel to me (other than the seat, I have a feeling I may miss my corbin) but regardless the hawk will be kept for long rides and 2 up riding, the rc51 will have Super Soft tires mounted (and possibly slicks at that) so that it will only be trailered to the mountains (my riding buddie has a cbr929rr and has decided in our last run to the mountains in sub 40 degree weather we were trailering there from now on :lol: ) and taken to the track. No long rides for the 51 are planned.. that doesn't mean it wont happen though :)

RobertLever 12-18-2013 07:16 PM

Sweet bike. Good luck!

jerryh 12-19-2013 12:53 AM

Great looking bike!