General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

cold blooded vtr

Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
cold blooded vtr

I am curious as to how it can be that my VTR is cold blooded? It runs best in hot weather. In the bay area the weather is normally cool with mist, which should be very good for performance considering the cool, dense air should provide more oxygen getting mixed with fuel. Or do I have it wrong? Is there anything I might be missing in tuning making this bike like the hot weather more than the cool?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twist
I am curious as to how it can be that my VTR is cold blooded? It runs best in hot weather. In the bay area the weather is normally cool with mist, which should be very good for performance considering the cool, dense air should provide more oxygen getting mixed with fuel. Or do I have it wrong? Is there anything I might be missing in tuning making this bike like the hot weather more than the cool?
Seems to me that more H2O at ground level in the air leaves less space for O2. If 8541Hawk returns soon he may back me up on this. I hope he doesn't have a English accent yet cuz I can't understand a lot of what they say, like that Guy Martin guy of Isle of Mann fame. He speaks and I just look bewildered.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Squid

sorny is on a distinguished road
I'm only into physics as a hobby but I would have to agree that the H20 in the air would leave less room for O2. And it's not like your engine is breaking down H20 into O2 to burn. I don't know if the mist is enough to cause it to run worse but I definitely don't think it'd help because it's a cool mist.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
I agree too. More water particles take up space so you get less O2 which can cause you to run slightly rich.

With temperature, the higher it gets, the less dense the air becomes which also cause you to run slightly rich.

So what you are saying is that you bike likes to run slightly on the rich side which VTR's do. Hence the reason it runs best.

(:-})
Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cybercarl
I agree too. More water particles take up space so you get less O2 which can cause you to run slightly rich.

With temperature, the higher it gets, the less dense the air becomes which also cause you to run slightly rich.

So what you are saying is that you bike likes to run slightly on the rich side which VTR's do. Hence the reason it runs best.

(:-})
I guess the best place and time to ride to get the best results would be in Death Valley at night )) where it's really dry and cold at night...
Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road