Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

A Bra on your Tank>?!?! c'mon

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
A Bra on your Tank>?!?! c'mon

hey guys... as you can see from the animated gif avitar , i have a tank bra. superior protection, easy as cheesy to take off.... BUT ... i love HONDA RED, and i want it to be seen as much as possible. i like these carbon fiber look tank pads.. you know, the 5 tiered sticked from smaller at bottom to bigger. well, i dunno, any horror stories of sticker peelin paint or not holding at all? i know gentlemen..... dont fix whats not broken , but still, thought it would be an ok topic and was in the market with eyes always lookin on ebay(im an addict)... get back to me.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:26 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: A Bra on your Tank>?!?! c'mon

Assuming you have the factory paint on your tank, then no those stick on types won't hurt it if you peel them off. I prefer the magnetic types (more $$ tho') since I can take them off while cleaning and don't have to worry about wax build up in the nooks and crannies.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble

good stuff good stuff. ill check em out
Old 03-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Squid

troy_v

Originally Posted by ClevelandSuperhawkRumble";p=&quot
hey guys... as you can see from the animated gif avitar , i have a tank bra. superior protection, easy as cheesy to take off.... BUT ... i love HONDA RED, and i want it to be seen as much as possible. i like these carbon fiber look tank pads.. you know, the 5 tiered sticked from smaller at bottom to bigger. well, i dunno, any horror stories of sticker peelin paint or not holding at all? i know gentlemen..... dont fix whats not broken , but still, thought it would be an ok topic and was in the market with eyes always lookin on ebay(im an addict)... get back to me.
Personally, I think those "carbon look" ones that you describe are cheesy. I have a Lockart-Phillips carbon works tank protector. It comes with 3m adhesive tape that does its job very well. I have never taken mine off, so I'm not sure if it would hurt the paint or not - probably not, I'm guessing.

Troy
Old 03-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Back Marker

BooYeah

All you have to do to take it off is to hit it with a hairdryer for about a minute or two and then it will come right off. Its the only way to really get stickers off the right way.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
sticker residue can also be removed be soaking the area with honda polish, then scrub with a clean cloth.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:01 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ordered this Tank Protector yesterday from Indy Superbikes. Guess i'm a CF ho!

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...t=23045&page=2