General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Carb Mixture thumb screw

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking of attaching it to my flexible screwdriver but not sure that will give me what I want. If we can make a $5 balancing tool, manometer, we should be able to come up with something for those mixture screws!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by mikstr
It's all possible, they make them for FCRs

With the numerous extended mixture screws that currently exist, there must be one that would fit (which one, however, I have been unable to find any info about the one used on the VTR carb).....
they don't have anything that will fit the VTR, I emailed them and asked. My problem here is that whenever something is made to be "tamper proof" I have to find a way to tamper. This will drive me nuts until I solve it.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
My problem here is that whenever something is made to be "tamper proof" I have to find a way to tamper.
Lol I know what you mean.

the D socket on jetsrus is the motion pro brand, so are you saying that motion pro sells different length D sockets with diff parts #s? Strange.
Oops silly me. I didn't notice that was motion pro as well. It must be just the way the picture looks. The scale don't always show too clearly in pics! Well that's the one to buy then. If it's the same as what I got with my kit they are about half the depth of a standard bit, say, compared to a Snap On screwdriver bit.

(:-})
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cybercarl
Oops silly me. I didn't notice that was motion pro as well. It must be just the way the picture looks. The scale don't always show too clearly in pics! Well that's the one to buy then. If it's the same as what I got with my kit they are about half the depth of a standard bit, say, compared to a Snap On screwdriver bit.(:-})
I don't have one, but it seems it could be shortened a bit with a grinder for easier access, as long as it doesn't affect adjustment capability.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Found a company that makes a neet idle adjustemnt screw for our bikes.....I think

Here is the link to this company in CA. EZ-Just Mixture Screw - On Sale - CV Performance

Now, I have tried reaching them by phone, with no success, and I'm tired of the email thing since many times I get back an uncomplete answer. So, my question to all of you is, has anyone heard of this place, and if so, can you guide me to them if at all possible. Or even better, if anyone in Caly, can you please look into this for me ? I would be very greatful, since I don't want to blow off 40$ on something I'll get, and have to ship back. Oh yeh, checked their shipping fees to the great white north...25$ snail mail to my place. So make that 65$.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Superstock

Iv'e often wondered whether the Harley ones would fit our carbs. But like yourself I don't want to purchase only to find out they don't fit. We need to know the thread pitch and depth so we can compare against ours.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Iv'e often wondered whether the Harley ones would fit our carbs. But like yourself I don't want to purchase only to find out they don't fit. We need to know the thread pitch and depth so we can compare against ours.

If you shuffle through their web site, they have two models. One for HD, and one for metric. My link is the one for metric. The question you are asking about thread pitch, is what I am looking for as an answer. But as I mentioned, I can't seem to reach anyone with their 800 number, and really tired of the email.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Superstock

Yes I see what you mean about metric (Keihin carburetors 1990-2006) I just sent them an email as well, you never know, lets see if they get back to me.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Yes I see what you mean about metric (Keihin carburetors 1990-2006) I just sent them an email as well, you never know, lets see if they get back to me.

Thanks cyber. Keep me posted if you hear from them.

Last edited by Jack Flash; 02-20-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Did you guys see this:

Please note that we are a manufacturer and distributor, and therefore cannot accept phone orders for retail purchases at this time. Please use our site's online ordering system or contact one of our authorized dealers in your area. If a local dealer is not available, telephone orders may also be placed through J&P Cycles.

So you might want to contact J&P and see if they can tell you if it is series 21 compatible.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Did you guys see this:

Please note that we are a manufacturer and distributor, and therefore cannot accept phone orders for retail purchases at this time. Please use our site's online ordering system or contact one of our authorized dealers in your area. If a local dealer is not available, telephone orders may also be placed through J&P Cycles.

So you might want to contact J&P and see if they can tell you if it is series 21 compatible.
Did see it and did call J&P. Thank you Hawk, did my homework.
J&P couldn't figure it out themselves, and they are the ones who recommended I communicate with CVP directly to get this info.
Plus, the phone options are available for none authorized dealer.

Say Hawk, that's in your neck of the woods, perhaps you'de be our friendly neighborhood spiderman for this one....would you ?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Superstock

Upland111 is on a distinguished road
FYI,
I just sent an inquiry to these guys... Johns Motorcycle Parts for Harley Davidson and Keihin CV carburetors
Will let you know if I hear anything back.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Upland111
FYI,
I just sent an inquiry to these guys... Johns Motorcycle Parts for Harley Davidson and Keihin CV carburetors
Will let you know if I hear anything back.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Superstock

Well I got a reply, it arrived in my spam box. Basically I asked them it they could tell me the thread pitch and the depth from the base (bottom) of thread to the point of the tip on the needle. Their reply was brief and as follows.
we use an M6 .75 thread to fit all Harley Davidson CV40 carburetors.
Not the most helpful customer service LOL but at least they replied.

if I get the time I will try and get out and measure the thread pitch on my spare carbs tomorrow. It's a step in the right direction anyway. If the thread pitch is the same I will pop them another question and see if they will tell me the depth of the needle from the base of the thread and if it's compatible with Kehin series 21 carbs.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Not the most helpful customer service LOL but at least they replied.

Well cyber, the last question we need to know is length, because the size
and pitch is accurate to our needs. If base of thread to tip is 15mm, then we
are in business !

As for customer service, I agree. We now live in a day & age of don't bother
me unless you buy. And even then....that's a tough one for most.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Squid

zanoj883 is on a distinguished road
I know this thread is old but did anyone find out if the fuel screw was compatible with our carbs?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Superstock

I never heard back from them on the second email and did not bother chasing it up.

I just use my motion pro screwdriver for adjusting mixture. It was a little tricky on the rear cylinder at first but the more I use it the easier it gets.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
SuperSport

I never heard back from them on the second email and did not bother chasing it up.

I just use my motion pro screwdriver for adjusting mixture. It was a little tricky on the rear cylinder at first but the more I use it the easier it gets.

I'm finding it difficult to "feel" when the tool is properly seated on the damn screw! Once on the screw properly it doesn't always turn smoothly. I suppose it will take practice, tight space to maneuver in!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:06 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
Anyone get any further on this?

James