General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

almost dumped the bike last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
almost dumped the bike last night

we went out for a cruise last night, had a new ridier with us so we we didnt carry a fast pace. and we took a different route home than usual. ended up a road that ive run my car down 100 times before but never been through it on a bike. its down the escarpment and its just turn after turn after turn of goodness. but having a novice and being night time we took it easy. damn close to the posted speeds through the turns. i generally ride the left of center part of my lane but for some reason dropped to the right for the right hander. and through the corner i veered into the center of the lane and felt the front wheel wash out hard. probably slid a good foot before regaining traction. being in a turn and leaning it caused the bike to lean really far. i thought i was eating the ground and the ditch just a few feet away. guess i got lucky that she gripped and stood back up again.

not sure what i ran over, dont know if it was an oily spot or some sort of garbage, i didnt see anything on the road and well lets face it with the vtrs stock light its hard to see anything as it is.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
man glad you and the bike made out of that one okay. had one of those about a week and a half ago. i don't know what it was that I hit but I felt the bike moving up and down like I was on a water bed or something. strange and scary feeling
Old 09-01-2009, 05:52 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Been there a couple times and thought sure I was going down hard once (guard rail), but the VTR just came back up, shook like hell, and kept going.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
we went out for a cruise last night, had a new ridier with us so we we didnt carry a fast pace. and we took a different route home than usual. ended up a road that ive run my car down 100 times before but never been through it on a bike. its down the escarpment and its just turn after turn after turn of goodness. but having a novice and being night time we took it easy. damn close to the posted speeds through the turns. i generally ride the left of center part of my lane but for some reason dropped to the right for the right hander. and through the corner i veered into the center of the lane and felt the front wheel wash out hard. probably slid a good foot before regaining traction. being in a turn and leaning it caused the bike to lean really far. i thought i was eating the ground and the ditch just a few feet away. guess i got lucky that she gripped and stood back up again.

not sure what i ran over, dont know if it was an oily spot or some sort of garbage, i didnt see anything on the road and well lets face it with the vtrs stock light its hard to see anything as it is.
Might be a good idea to add upgrading the light to your to do list for the winter then... Atleast you see what dumps you in the ditch...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Haha yeah man I'd prefer to avoid it. Hid should be here by the weekend so that's going in asap.

I'm glad I didn't drop it either. I'd never hear the end of it from my gf. She's an xray tech at a trauma hospital so you can imagine the *** kissing I had to do to just get the bike.