General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

2006 fz1

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
2006 fz1

Hey guys, i just made a huge life change and moved from the city to the north woods of Minnesota... i have a job up here and i was checking into renting a snowmobile the other day and saw a lone motorcycle in the corner.

i checked it out and its a 06 fz1 with 3 miles on it. hasnt been moved in the last couple years just started and pushed around the shop

in contemplating picking this up for the right price but i was wondering if anyone has an fz1 or has ridden one?

a friend of mine has one and he is a GOOD rider and will put a knee down without a problem on his...
its also red like my hawk but a much deeper red. but anyway just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this bike!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ression-27212/
Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Soooooo, how much for the Yamaha?

It would certainly be on my short list.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
I've had one. My was a first gen (01-05) yours would be a 2 gen 06 onwards. Great bike lots and lots of power. Great big gas tank, which is really nice. Only thing most people take a little time getting use to the handlebars? rather an odd bend.
Can't say enough good things about it. They have a very good forum. Just like our Superhawks, they are a slow seller.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Had a gorgeous first gen that I still wonder why I sold. Had the lower riser/bars on it (along with bunch of other stuff) but even so that's about the only thing I didn't love about it. Just never loved the upright riding position on such a fast bike. I'm wierd I know... Otherwise they're fantastic bikes. I always thought the superhawk was about as much bike as you could buy for the money but I'd have to say after owning one an FZ1 definitely ranks up there.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
i totally read that write up like a month ago and forgot about it

i really want to test drive it once the weather gets nicer...if its been sitting since 07 its NOT going anywhere

as far as price... the sales rep said it was listed for 6k but he said make us an offer and he said they were extremely willing to negotiate.

if i can pick it up for under 5 im going to be VERY tempted... however i would need to sell the hawk, and while im sure my best friend would buy it i dont know if i can give it up yet... i would also need to take the gf for a ride on the FZ, she loves the hawk and i would wanna make sure shes happy, if shes not happy i dont get to ride as much

ill keep everyone updated, thanks for the input