Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Uhaul sucks so bad!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
Uhaul sucks so bad!!

My best friend used Uhaul this weekend and they ripped him off so bad. Im so upset! His friend warned him they would try to screw him over when he returned the truck, and he was right!!
They gave him a truck that barely ran, had 3/4 tank of gas from the get go...
he went to return it with 3/4 tank of gas and they told him he had to fill it up, so he did. when he got back it was 5 min after the drop off time, and they charged him a late fee!!!!!!

Therefore....I recommend you DO NOT USE UHAUL!!!
Check out this site. Apparently he isnt the first.
http://www.uhaul-sucks.com/
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Thanks - That's Good to know bro!

Ride on
Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
SuperBike

you must me sister, not bro.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I hear Budget can be as pricky also... I would call customer service (1-800-789-3638) and see if they will do anything for him... Can't hurt to bitch and complain sometimes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
SuperBike

yeah I told him to fight it. he saved all his paperwork etc. He is going to beotch!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
SuperBike

Some replies from another forum I am on.

I hate to say this, but, one of the first jobs I had when I got out of the Army was as a Area Field Manager for U-Haul. That was in 1971 & I knew then what a POS company & equipment they had.
I always warn people away from them.

Yes they blow and scam alot,they got me and a Army bud for an extra $800 for miles when we stated exactly where and what we were doing and did just that! We both got out of the service at the sametime and decided to rent a UHaul to move home,him to Toledo and me to Milwaukee,dropped him off and drove up to Milwaukee like our trip was planned and all the arguing with them was useless,I will never use them again even if I have to carry my stuff.I also use to work for United Movers and when they needed an extra truck they would go Ryder and wouldn't even consider using Uhaul trucks.

I had to get a lawyer once because of uhaul. Freakin rip off artists. They gave me the biggest POS van with millions of miles on it. The radiator blew up, then barely loaded it cooked the brakes going down Vail Pass in co. The machanic took it all apart and only the front brakes were touching the discs. So it cooked the front and the back didnt even help slow it down. Uhaul tried to charge me until my lawyer let them know their fualty machine could have cost my life if the brakes completly failed. I will never use them, that said late at night when those front rotors were glowing like carbon race brakes was an awsome site. I roasted 'em!! haha

when mom pasted i had to rent a uhaul to move some of the estate and the POS i rented was this obnoxious deisel with like 9 billion miles on it. i had to take it round trip like 9 miles and it broke down
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Can you complain to people higher-up on the ladder? Let them know about the scams that the UHaul place is trying to pull.

I have never had a complaint about my local UHaul centers, other than the long lines.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
SuperBike

he's going higher up tomorrow i think.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
Bad experiences suck, but if he has it in writing about the tank being 3/4 full and whatnot, he'd be covered.

Same as Marmalade, I've never had a problem with mine, but like with all things nowadays, get it written down.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like renting a car, when they walk you out into the parking lot to view the car, do a visual check before getting into it and driving off. If there is a scratch, note it on the paperwork. This way they don't charge you for it. CYA- cover your a$$, in writing! Sorry your friend got ripped. Now we all know to stay away from them(u-haul).