Old 04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
I'd take your place drew.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
How is anyone gonna catch up with you to ride if you keep hangin out in Iraq?!? It's a long ride from here to there!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Squid

GrayHawk is on a distinguished road
Hey, I'm a teacher and have observed several of my students getting snatched out of the university to be sent over. I even have one student who went, came back to class two years later and was sent again. It bothers me greatly what we are doing to these (you) guys. I think the very least I can say is "thank you for supporting me".

Michael
Old 04-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
BUT, on the bright side you'll be getting $3k tax free. That's a lot of track days, tires, and cool parts! See, ya gotta look at the bright side.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Very true, the money isn't bad. But is it worth it......?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I can't say I wasn't saddened when I heard the news a couple days ago. The annoucement I heard continued with the footnote that the 4th Cav was being reactivated and shipped after only seven months home.

I cannot believe that our leaders would lead us to such sacrifice and toil if the value of the mission wasn't really-really important.

My fear is if we walk away from this great task, will we have to answer a nuclear threat from Iran with a nuclear solution. Our presence and persistent will keep them from running rough shod over the area and pocket untold millions from oil revenues to support their was machine.

As long as we're "right next door" - and the Iranians bring it - they know we're in a great position to answer!

God Bless you all! And if I were twenty years younger I would be there with you.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
My bulletin post from last night says it all.

Thank you to those who serve my country!
I wanted to send out a personal thank you in hopes that maybe the word will make it to you so far away.
Thank you for those troops overseas, risking their lives, sacrificing their freedom for ours, leaving their friends and family for strange foreign lands.
I apologize that you don't hear these words enough, but know you are sorely missed, and will be welcomed to open arms of your friends and family when you return safely home.
Thank you to the families who have given up their loved ones for the freedom of your neighbors, coworkers, and strangers down the street. I will personally do anything I can to help you cope with them being so far away.
Thank you,
Alicia K.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
That's true, we are keeping Iran from taking over. But who's to say they won't do it in ten or twenty years? We can't stay forever.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Good question, Drew! I think there are a lot of good questions and as this civilization runs out of fossil fuel most of those questions are going to be answered - some painfully. I entertain the line of thinking that if we don't need their oil, they can't hold us hostage for it. When I was younger I heard it said that the American corn belt could feed the world. That's fine - let them feed our cars first!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Back Marker

nova_scotian_996 is on a distinguished road
I appreciate your sacrifice.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Superstock

johnnyhonda is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ali_squidz
My bulletin post from last night says it all.

Thank you to those who serve my country!
I wanted to send out a personal thank you in hopes that maybe the word will make it to you so far away.
Thank you for those troops overseas, risking their lives, sacrificing their freedom for ours, leaving their friends and family for strange foreign lands.
I apologize that you don't hear these words enough, but know you are sorely missed, and will be welcomed to open arms of your friends and family when you return safely home.
Thank you to the families who have given up their loved ones for the freedom of your neighbors, coworkers, and strangers down the street. I will personally do anything I can to help you cope with them being so far away.
Thank you,
Alicia K.
Could you say it any better? Probably not. THANK YOU.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
SuperSport

With all this seriousness, I feel I should abandon the humor for the moment. You know, whether or not anyone agrees with everything our Head of State does, it is hard to argue against the fact that this is a noble cause. Our soldiers are putting their asses on the line, so folks on the other side of the world can taste freedom and democracy, and so us back home and the rest of the world will have less to be threatened by in the long run. This war may not have been run perfectly (if that's even possible), but the general premise that terrorist-harboring states do not belong in a civilized world is a valid one.

That being said, I do want thank Drew and everyone else over there for their service to our country. You're helping to keep us safe and protect our freedoms, and I appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
This is a "war" (only Congress can declare war, which hasn't been done since WWII) based on demonstrable falsehoods, our military is stretched thin and those in power are working hard to create an event to justify an invasion of Iran after a massive military buildup in the Persian Gulf over the past few months.
On the homefront, the Constitution is being trashed in the name of keeping us safe from terrorism (National ID, surveillance cameras, wiretaps, warrantless searches, suspension of habeas corpus, etc.), while at the same time this administration refuses to secure our borders even though a Congressional committee has reported that members of terrorist groups have ALREADY entered this country across our southern border. As a so-called solution to this security problem, the president has entered into an agreement, without Congressional approval, called the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP, aka the North American Union) which erodes our national sovereignty and enlists the aid of Mexico, a gangster controlled country which openly encourages its citizens to violate US laws, in the fight against terrorism.
I have nothing against those who serve in the military, but the people of this country need to take a long, hard look at the policies being pursued by our political, corporate and academic elite, regardless of their party affiliation.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
SuperSport

I was hoping to be able to avoid provoking that type of response. I guess I didn't include enough disclaimers. I don't disagree with everything said, although I take issue with a few things. However, I don't think this thread is the place to go tit for tat.