Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

OCCUPYFAIL UPDATES

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i think these occupy idiots should be drowned. i have a buddy whos a huge political retard and he gets these things going and attends them and preaches them none stop. we get into arguments all the time about this. its him and his jobless buddies with nothing better to do trying to change the world. i keep informing him he wont change **** with a peaceful protest and needs to show action if he wants results. hes telling me to come out and support the cause. yeah ok, let me miss out on making a few hundred bucks through work, waste gas driving there, and go home with nothing to show for my day other than a day off. id rather take the day off and ride or stick my thumb in my *** then go there and be one of those idiots. they dont realize that standing around hoping to get something wont get them anything. i keep telling him to take examples form the middle east. those people wanted something, they faught for it, sure it got extra violent but they showed they arent messing around. glad they shut these clowns down in toronto recently.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:59 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
i think these occupy idiots should be drowned. i have a buddy whos a huge political retard and he gets these things going and attends them and preaches them none stop. we get into arguments all the time about this. its him and his jobless buddies with nothing better to do trying to change the world. i keep informing him he wont change **** with a peaceful protest and needs to show action if he wants results. hes telling me to come out and support the cause. yeah ok, let me miss out on making a few hundred bucks through work, waste gas driving there, and go home with nothing to show for my day other than a day off. id rather take the day off and ride or stick my thumb in my *** then go there and be one of those idiots. they dont realize that standing around hoping to get something wont get them anything. i keep telling him to take examples form the middle east. those people wanted something, they faught for it, sure it got extra violent but they showed they arent messing around. glad they shut these clowns down in toronto recently.
I'd say you're comparing apples and oranges:

US and Canada, different ballgame altogether.
Peaceful protest vs military-type revolution, constitutional right vs violent forceful takeover.
Changing the world vs bringing attention to some ills that are adversely affecting you and some of your contemporaries.
Jobless vs your dual income financial aplenty arrangement, no comparison.

Everything's fine with me, so drown the occupy idiots and these huge political retards, who happen to be jobless because they are too busy protesting, and are so far down they are reduced to asking their fellow countrymen for recognition and help. With all this unselfishness and empathy, I'll bet they're really glad to be considered your buddies.

If you consider this situation objectively, it would only take few circumstances to be different in your life to put you in the same boat as your buddies.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 PM
MandownMertech
Superstock

mertechperformance is on a distinguished road
Kind of. sitting around protesting won't get you a new job... It may however get you robbed, raped, scabies, mites, or other diseases/ailments. Oh or maybe pepper sprayed.

Yet if you were in a **** *** spot in life and TRIED actually looking for a job or doing odd jobs or what have you worst case you try your *** off and get peanuts.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mertechperformance
They were giving you lip service....
And you were there to see and hear this? I think not. They approached me in situations that would have been extremely awkward and downright embarrassing for them to say this. Why not try to catch me one on one? Why am I explaining this to your when you don't know the facts and are interjecting your opinion of what might have happened in a situation that I was in?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
MandownMertech
Superstock

mertechperformance is on a distinguished road
Relax bub. I was only saying that hs kids genuinely appreciating getting caught and then thanking who caught them sounds pretty darn lip service-y nowadays. Now if this is 1950's movie cookie cutter happy go lucky then yeah.

Even if you are quite sure it was legit, were you IN THEIR HEAD?

It's ALL opinion somewhere along the line, EVERY story, EVERY time. If it involves people and perceived meaning of their words it's a thought or opinion.

not trying to start a war or a hatred(you seem QUITE bothered QUITE quickly over something quite SMALL)
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mertechperformance
Relax bub. I was only saying that hs kids genuinely appreciating getting caught and then thanking who caught them sounds pretty darn lip service-y nowadays. Now if this is 1950's movie cookie cutter happy go lucky then yeah.

Even if you are quite sure it was legit, were you IN THEIR HEAD?

It's ALL opinion somewhere along the line, EVERY story, EVERY time. If it involves people and perceived meaning of their words it's a thought or opinion.

not trying to start a war or a hatred(you seem QUITE bothered QUITE quickly over something quite SMALL)
Naw, I wasnt in their heads. Just a professional in my field who has studies sociology and psychology as well as years of experience in the field of education. I think I know the difference between lip service and an honest apology as it is delivered in person. Well, I like where this thread is going, so I will post this:

The