Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson
MSF RiderCoaches

Are there any RiderCoaches here?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
Good question. My command (USN) is willing to send me to school to be a rider coach and I've run into a dead end getting info. It helps that my XO rides and will go to the school with me. Any info. would be great. Sorry for the thread jack.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson
I am not sure how the military does it. I was offered a chance in 1979 when I was in the Navy, but it never happened because of no one knowing how to make it happen.

As a civilian, you have to have a sponsor; someone who will hire you after you get certified. The company that sponsored me required me to prove my intent by "shadowing" other instructors in actual classes about 8 session (5 hours each without pay) per month until they would get me the school.

I shadowed for 2 months and then got a date for the school. The MSF sent me my material and homework to do before the class started. It took me about 30 hours to complete the homework. The classes I got were 3 weekends: Friday night (5pm-11pm) and all day (7:30am-6pm) Saturday and Sunday. I hear they have some classes that are 7 days straight.

Good luck. It is a tough school. Out of the 12 that started in our class, only 9 of us made it to the end. When you get dropped for too many mess ups, you get dropped on the spot.

Now I am waiting to take my First Aid/CPR class, which is a California requirement, before I can start "coaching".
Old 05-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I do MSF Dirtbike Schools.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Phil, you know I'm a RiderCoach. Don't think there are many others here.

Smack, I'm in the Navy too. I have all the contacts for RiderCoach instructors at work, and I've spoken to them recently since I'm trying to get some guys from my command to take the course. I'm currently the only instructor here and it kinda sucks. I'll PM you with my work number.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson
No, I did not remember you were a RiderCoach. It seem that more than a few of the RiderCoaches at the company that sponsored me are active duty military.

How long was your school?

I think smack doogle is the one who needs the military info, not me.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Damn, I though you knew. I knew you were one. I thought we exchanged PMs or something a ways back.

Our school was two weeks long.

I know. I directly addressed smack in the above email.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Phil, you know I'm a RiderCoach. Don't think there are many others here.

Smack, I'm in the Navy too. I have all the contacts for RiderCoach instructors at work, and I've spoken to them recently since I'm trying to get some guys from my command to take the course. I'm currently the only instructor here and it kinda sucks. I'll PM you with my work number.

Thanks Chief. My points of contact here have run dry. This will be great info to have and hopefully get the ball rolling. 8 riders here at the Constitution and only 5 of us have rode prior to this year. With no navy msf classes within 80 miles it makes me a little nervous knowing they are probebly doing something they shouldn't be. Need to get these young sailors trained properly.