Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Most awsomeness evaarrrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Most awsomeness evaarrrr

or don't grab a handful of front brake just because you see the man......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTGg...ayer_embedded#
Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
hahaha thats awesome. glad he's ok.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
Ooops
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
how embarassing! LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
That lead to many more videos of people lowsiding on the "Snake". Seems like quite a Sunday spectator sport.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
OOOPS
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
seems kinda mean of the chp, the guy is railing a favorite twisty road, he knows he is speeding and boom cop, gut reaction is to slow down, but he is mid corner. I could see me making a similar reaction, is that wrong to say?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cornandp
seems kinda mean of the chp, the guy is railing a favorite twisty road, he knows he is speeding and boom cop, gut reaction is to slow down, but he is mid corner. I could see me making a similar reaction, is that wrong to say?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's easy for everyone behind their keyboards to talk **** but next time you're on the highway watch what everyone, including yourself, does when they see a cop on the side of the road. My foot instantly hits the brake, even though I'm doing the speed limit. Just the kind of thing that could completely catch you off guard. I guess that's what tracks are for though. Yeah that's pretty cruel to park mid corner.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
If im speeding horribly i just ease off the throttle a bit. By the time you see them they have you anyway. Why slam the brakes? If im doing the speed limit or even 5or10 over i just cruise right on by. I cant stand when people suddenly brake because of a cop. I pass them all the time on the freeway. Nothing worse than when youre cruising at 70 on the freeway and people see a cop, start smashing the brakes and all of a sudden you are doing 45 in a 65 because the cop is on th side of the road or even on the road. It is instinct though and im not bashing anyone here. just have to train yourself to ignore the impulse.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Squid

motogomojo is on a distinguished road
Wow!
I feel for that guy.He had a split second reaction to decide to continue speeding through the corner and more than likely get pulled over, or
try to slow down and possibly avoid the ticket.

Usually when I come up on a HP at well above speed limit , my first instinct is to pull front and rear brake simultaneously.
If I am just slightly above I will just back off the throttle.

I would like to think that in this situation I would just roll the corner......but I do not want find out.

That was a complete B.S. set up by the HP though.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Squid

motogomojo is on a distinguished road
What is the deal with the linked videos of all the other bikes low siding this canyon.....
It looks to me that there is possible sabbotage involved on some of these slides....? Some are legitimate front brake grabs, or to much throttle on the exit... but a few look very suspicious(wet mark on the road right before slide)
and there is always a camera to catch the action...

Bikes just do not slide out from under you like that right?
I run the corners just like those guys and sometimes faster, and have NEVER had a slip....

Not meaning to hijack this thread
Just wondering what I am missing
Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Superstock

spladle160 is on a distinguished road
What's the purpose of the police? To "protect and serve"? Seems just wrong that a cop would set up like that knowing that they may very well cause an accident.On my favorite twisty near my house va rt 211 they stopped chasing saying it was to dangerous for everyone. Instead they are at the bottom on both sides and the top waiting, not nice but not dangerous.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
That lead to many more videos of people lowsiding on the "Snake". Seems like quite a Sunday spectator sport.
Maybe instead of bringing our bikes we should bring our lawn chairs. And grills.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spladle160
What's the purpose of the police? To "protect and serve"? Seems just wrong that a cop would set up like that knowing that they may very well cause an accident.On my favorite twisty near my house va rt 211 they stopped chasing saying it was to dangerous for everyone. Instead they are at the bottom on both sides and the top waiting, not nice but not dangerous.
That's why I stay away from there on the weekends. The Rock Store is about a mile away, teaming with potential revenue.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
For those that don't know the "Snake"... it is a short stretch of Mulholland above Malibu that basically becomes a practice track every weekend. Sport bikes running up and down it from the Rock Store to the overlook a bit above the curve in that video, many doing things best left on a real track.

CHP pretty much has to make regular appearances or it looks like they aren't doing their job.

I am pretty sure bikes wipe out there weekly, if not more often.

Maybe instead of bringing our bikes we should bring our lawn chairs. And grills.
...The last turn and the overlook are excellent spots for this and do draw quite a few spectators!

p.s. I don't mean to sound negative or judgmental in this post... I doubt I ever pass through there at under the posted speed limit.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Wrench Bender
Squid

mhaisten is on a distinguished road
I know I like to think I am fast, but mid corner on a twisty like that I doubt that many people are busting the speed limit unless it is 45 or less. Those big yellow signs are just a suggestion. I try to double them unless they say 20 or less. I have never been able to double the ones that say 10. I can't turn my head far enough to see the exit!