General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Most dangerous thing I've ever done on a motorcycle!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Most dangerous thing I've ever done on a motorcycle!

Sorry guys, it's not a wheelie, stoppie or over-cooked corner entry. No, it's not checking my bike over after taking it to the dealer for service. Had tires put on & next day I'm out ridin' w/about a dozen guys. Come to a light & when I switched over to the rear brake just before I stopped the rear brake didn't do anything. Pull into a gas station & found that both caliper bolts were gone & the rear brake was hanging down below the rotor, only held on by the torque rod (I was riding a Suzuki at the time). Good thing we hadn't wicked it up yet! I depend on that thing to scrub corner speed on too hot entrances.
Anyway, the obvious moral is to check after those guys. Better still, do your own tires & brakes ( oh, yeah, & double-check your own work!)
Old 05-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
I rode my bike once, that was pretty dangerous.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Back Marker

blokeontheend
Re: Most dangerous thing I've ever done on a motorcycle!

I thought u were gonna say u hit tar strips - they're loads of fun with new greasy tires.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:06 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Easily the most dangerous thing I've done was ride drunk.

Did it quite often in my youth I'm not proud to say. Almost bougth the farm twice; once the driver saw me and swerved out of the way when I totally blew my line in a curve and another time I overbraked and lost the front end at about 70mph because I was oblivious (not in a defensive ride mode) when a car pulled out in front of me at night.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was riding my XL500R down a long easy grade in a subdivision being followed by a truck with my buddies in it. I got my speed up, put her in neutral and stood upright on the seat with my arms out, then I jumped down. This delighted my buddies so I did it again, faster longer. This time when I went to jump down the heal of my Dayton boot got stuck in the vinyl (spl?) seat and over I went, my head just missing the curb, tumbling down the street. The bike continued on happily until the road turned where it bounced over the curb and hit a hedge, not just any hedge either. The Guiness family's old house (yes the beer) has an relatively ancient, absolutely meticulous, solid huge hedge which after that day, and for many years after, had a perfect cookie cutter piece missing the shape of my bike, even including mirrors.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only dangerous but stupid Superbling! But we were all young and dumb once Idid it when I was 14 on my yz80. The thing was built to the max and could smoke 125's and stay with 250's. One good whellie later lost balance and broke my colar bone. Hard way to learn an important lesson 2 wheels and alcohol don't go together very well!!!!