Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Back Marker

g_clarke_2008 is on a distinguished road
Sad Day

This may be pathetic and for those of you who are not cat lovers you may not understand. I have had my kitty for the last 16 years now and she has been my loyal friend through thick and thin. She was diagnosed with kidney failure and was given 2 months to live, that was 6 months ago. The last few days now she has been very sick and we had to make the decision. I brought her to the vet at 7:30 tonight and had her put down. That is the hardest thing i've had to do in my 36 years here and it ripped my heart out. So, as I tip my glass of vodka, this one's to you, you will be missed
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I feel you brother. I lost my little friend this past year. He got cancer and it was really really hard to see him go. Still look for him every time I go to my folks house and miss him alot. I spent alot of time with him and he had a personality like no other. Some folks see animals as not that important, but to the rest of us they're just like members of the family.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Likewise, I feel ya. I had to put my "8 ball" down after 20 years this last December. It was real rough but she was not a happy kitty anymore.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ranchomice
Likewise, I feel ya. I had to put my "8 ball" down after 20 years this last December. It was real rough but she was not a happy kitty anymore.
WOW! While it's still never easy you were pretty fortunate. My best friend's girlfriend's cat just turned 17 and that's the oldest I've known. My Rocky only made it to 12 when he got cancer
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Cat lover or not, I feel your pain. There are cats I have loved, but they weren't mine.

I carried 2 of my dogs, a shetland sheep dog and a cairn terrier, into the vet for the last time many years ago. It was a very hard thing to do.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Wink Rat says hang in there...

get a rescue cat - and ceiling cat will smile on you...
Attached Thumbnails Sad Day-cateye.jpg  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
When I moved back to Texas I couldn't transplant my yellow tabby. He and I were friends for years. He was huge. With his *** laying on my crotch his head rested on my ankles. I have a 30" inseam. He spent months in a cast after he and a coon went after it in a tree and they fell while fighting. I chased him all over the house to keep him active while he was casted. He never forgot it. Ever wake up, really drunk with a 30 pound cat chewing on your beard? 'specially when your beard is only a couple days old? He was my thousand dollar alley cat and he was worth every penny.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Lost my Russian Blue to feline Leukemia. Still see his ghost lurking in the shadows and favorite ambush spots.

Sympathies.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Its never easy to get rid of a good friend... My cat just turned 17 in January and so far in good health but that day will come - not looking forward to it.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
We had one cat last 18 years, another who was 17 and the last one is 16 and is still ticking. The kids really missed every one of them that died and I'm afraid when the last one goes it will really tear them up.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
all your stories about brought tears to my eyes, got me thinkin bout Chance, my buddy for 14 yrs. about that having their own personality, yea they do, about that like being part of the family, well they r part of the family, we still have 7 dogs and a mini horse, and each 1 of them is as dear as any family member, more than some, lol
Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
My 'kitten' turned 26 this past January and he is starting to look every minute of it. Arthiritis has been kicking in the last year or so and his back legs don't work so well and he has terrible breath. Skinny and he loves to lay in the sun. Sounds just like an old man. He was a birthday present from a girlfriend and we went down to the animal shelter to pick one out. He has lived in three states and more houses than I can count, in the city in the country, and has outlived/outlasted all the other cats and dogs. He has been a creature of transition, able to adjust where ever he was. Not looking forward to the next year.