Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

It's a Love-Hate relationship.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Back Marker

Big Shepp is on a distinguished road
It's a Love-Hate relationship.

Went out for a half hour drive today because the weather is so nice and I needed to run some errands. It's sunny and 77 degrees here. Two days ago it was 30... Probably one of the things that I love most about Oklahoma is how we can have great weather any time of year. It's November 6th and its almost 80. Hell it's been 85 on Christmas before here! At the same time though, Oklahoma has some of the most frightening changes in weather you'll ever see; one of the things I despise about living here. The fact that I'm walking around in shorts and a t-shirt today and I was wrapped up in a winter coat two days ago is frustrating.

Also the biggest earthquake in Oklahoma history was last night. I think they said it was a 5.5? Crazy stuff.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Superstock

bass4dude is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Shepp
Went out for a half hour drive today because the weather is so nice and I needed to run some errands. It's sunny and 77 degrees here. Two days ago it was 30... Probably one of the things that I love most about Oklahoma is how we can have great weather any time of year. It's November 6th and its almost 80. Hell it's been 85 on Christmas before here! At the same time though, Oklahoma has some of the most frightening changes in weather you'll ever see; one of the things I despise about living here. The fact that I'm walking around in shorts and a t-shirt today and I was wrapped up in a winter coat two days ago is frustrating.

Also the biggest earthquake in Oklahoma history was last night. I think they said it was a 5.5? Crazy stuff.
We're in the middle of some wacko weather here too. On Wednesday it was high 70's, last night it was in the 30's. I still ride and have all the wet weather gear (I actually love riding in the rain) but that's not the problem with the weather.

It throws my sleep schedule outta wack and it also wreaks havoc on my immune system. The extreme fluctuations in the temperature make me feel like crud for like 4 or 5 hours every morning the temp has changed more than like 12-20 degrees in rapid time.

The biggest earth quake in Cali was 7.9 in 1857 biggest one I've seen was probably a 6.0 years ago.

I'm more freaked out by tornadoes. Family lives in Minnesota so right in tornado alley, yikes.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Back Marker

Big Shepp is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bass4dude
I'm more freaked out by tornadoes. Family lives in Minnesota so right in tornado alley, yikes.
Psssshhttt. I live in Tornado Alley here. I've literally sat on my back porch and watched the funnel cloud start to form over our lake; fun stuff. I think tornadoes are far less scary for the simple reason that you can avoid them pretty easily.