RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Gravel!! I Hate that shit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM
1998 SuperHawk
Squid

xDayan is on a distinguished road
Gravel!! I Hate that ****!

I was going kinda fast racing a '7* corvette and I hit a patch of gravel and almost killed myself. I saved my self but barely.. Yeah If I had more to say I would :P (On a other note never ride a Blackbird {CBR1100xx} ~200 then go to the vtr you'll miss the acceleration.

Back to RANT If the city would just clean that gravel like they Should do it would all be fine
but no They leave it there till july (Or they clean it and it snows again and lay more down!) and yeah Stupid alaska
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Depending on a city to do what it should can be hazardous to your health. Blackbirds are quicker than VTRs, but any good VTR will take any stock Corvette, including that new supercharged 600+ hp one. Well, up to about 130 mph anyhow. If I lived in Alaska I'd have to watch out for the gravel, and I'd have to fit a scabbard to my bike for my Marlin Guide Gun.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 PM
1998 SuperHawk
Squid

xDayan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Depending on a city to do what it should can be hazardous to your health. Blackbirds are quicker than VTRs, but any good VTR will take any stock Corvette, including that new supercharged 600+ hp one. Well, up to about 130 mph anyhow. If I lived in Alaska I'd have to watch out for the gravel, and I'd have to fit a scabbard to my bike for my Marlin Guide Gun.
yeah I beat hit on the get go (He kept up well tho only about a car length behind me). and the xx isn't that bad in the city stay below 6k RPM and its fine above that and yeah hope there no cars in front of you. I was passing and it the rev limiter in 2nd and wow It got there fast. and yeah it was on the highway I didn't think there was any gravel on there. I mean I droveabout 170 miles on the highway and there was no gravel (And I when tho the pass )
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear bro... how bad did you get torn up? even with no broken bones, i'm still sore and rashed from two weeks ago's get off
Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
"I saved my self" j/k
Old 04-21-2008, 08:17 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, gravel sucks...

My friend Kevin and I got into it with a modded Viper, with a license plate that said "RAYCIN". It's the only car that I've seen that was just a quick as my VTR. We were on Hwy 1 on a ride between practice and races at Laguna. I could not believe how that car could get around another car. Every bit as fast as my bike.

He started drifting into the other lane in the corners-really tight, twisty road. I backed off and let them go. Kevin went racing on his 999R. I was really hoping not to see the carnage. But he was fine. He finaly let the car go too. YIKES!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RCVTR
Yeah, gravel sucks...

My friend Kevin and I got into it with a modded Viper, with a license plate that said "RAYCIN". It's the only car that I've seen that was just a quick as my VTR. We were on Hwy 1 on a ride between practice and races at Laguna. I could not believe how that car could get around another car. Every bit as fast as my bike.

He started drifting into the other lane in the corners-really tight, twisty road. I backed off and let them go. Kevin went racing on his 999R. I was really hoping not to see the carnage. But he was fine. He finaly let the car go too. YIKES!
And right there we have the reason for me getting a Viper as my toy car...

Damn it moves... It doesn't need to be modded to chase bikes... It does help thoo...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of Kevin's 999R:

What a monster that thing is/was - I think he sold it. He's racing an SV650 now.

Anyway, my bike had good midrange, but nowhere near the top end of that beast. We were going up a slight incline and he wicked the throttle on in 2nd gear. the thing just launched out from under him, lifting the front wheel in the air. The VTR was not even close when that thing came to life!! Now that's a motorcycle - only $25k.

I had to give him crap about all the Fila Replicas at Laguna Seca!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I loves me some gravel...LOL