Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

It's been awhile

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
It's been awhile

I haven't been here for a good bit but I have some really good reasons. First I was laid off in July, finished my Associates Degree in December, just started my new job today school did pay off and I'm 10 hours away from completing my Private Pilot License. I transfered to my four year school and will be starting next Tuesday. Hopefully now that I have some free time I'll be able to visit here more often.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:17 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Very good!!! What kind of aircraft are you flying? I soloed five aircraft on my sixteenth birthday and passed my private check flight about fourteen months later. Get plenty of hood time and fly the airplane the same way you ride the Superhawk although signaling the turns is a bit more difficult. Also be a student of weather. It will save your *** and those of your soon-to-be passengers. You've got some real high-profile stuff going on in your life. Be careful, thoughtful and intense. The day shall be yours!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Bummer.
Congrats.
Congrats again!
Luck-eee.
Best of luck.
I hope so.

Look forward to seeing you in May!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been flying a Cessna 152 and actually I've spent most of my time lately at either school or flying. It's one of the best most intense adventures I've taken on with dragging a knee a close second and scuba diving in third. I've really neglected the superchicken and haven't been on any real twisties since June 21st 2006. If I wasn't flying this saturday I would be making the trip over to the gap with the weather suppose to be in the 60's.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to May:-D
Old 01-04-2007, 06:20 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Well, stay with it! The tar will always be on the road so you can come back to that. One of the things that I hated about my instruction was that I wasn't old enough to move ahead. So I'd sit around, wash airplanes, then we would pickup an aircharter and I'd get to fly and then more waiting and washing airplanes. I would have much preferred just going through without all the waiting. Once you've got your ticket all you have to do it stay current. Don't forget about the hood time. Unusual attitudes during the checkflight unnerve a lot of guys. Also practice sticking your crosswind landings without "sticking" the aircraft like I did and still do. The instructors don't like it when you do that. They want you to stall it in the crosswind and I could never get the kite out it so I would just fly the dam thing into the ground power on! I could still grease 'em but the book says full stall. This is bullshit and it's probably the last time you'll do a stall landing in a crosswind in your life. 152's are good little birds and they fly easily. It's a bit more airfoil than the Pipers that I flew but more forgiving. Good luck and stay sharp!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sgt Rock
If I wasn't flying this saturday I would be making the trip over to the gap with the weather suppose to be in the 60's.
:
My bike is in the trailer tonight.
I'm headed there tomorrow afternoon.
Wish I'd see you there.