Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

I bought another bike.... and I can't believe I did it

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:09 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
A good friend and riding buddy of mine has an '02 998 with a dry clutch and Termignoni race exhaust. You can hear him coming from about a mile away.

Menacing is a good description. And yeah, he has people at stop lights ask him what's wrong with his bike.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:38 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
i test rode a 1098 with termis. the sound was awe inspiring. i gigled the whole ride.

my hondas both sound great. i had my hawk and rc51 idling in the driveway and my step daughter pointed to the rc and said it's louder, good ears! the 1098 with termis makes my hawk and rc sound like sewing machines...

all three are awesome though.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:10 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finepooch
i test rode a 1098 with termis. the sound was awe inspiring. i gigled the whole ride.

my hondas both sound great. i had my hawk and rc51 idling in the driveway and my step daughter pointed to the rc and said it's louder, good ears! the 1098 with termis makes my hawk and rc sound like sewing machines...

all three are awesome though.

That's funny, my VTR is twice as loud as the 1098. Mine has special order Jardine slip-ons with so called "race baffle". I always knew it was loud, but I couldn't believe how quiet it makes the 1098 seem. The 10's Termis are nice and smooth sounding, but the dB's aren't in the same ballpark as the VTR.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:52 AM
SuperBike

jamie,
jardines are loud! i remember the jardine full system being very loud on my old roomate's rc51. my rc51 has scorpion slip ons and the hawk has yosh slip ons.
the 1098 just sounded so... menacing, raucus, raw, mechanical, etc... it was very nice and i said to myself that i have to have one. and i will have one. i just have to figure out how to get one and keep my rc and hawk with it!!!
what are you still looking to do to your 1098? isn't it great how a biker always wants to tinker with his bike!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
what are you still looking to do to your 1098? isn't it great how a biker always wants to tinker with his bike!
I still need an upper fairing stay. I've got a new/used upper and windsheild but most of the body is still rough. It runs good so I've been riding it anyway. It's going to have obvious damage for a few years I'd suppose. That's pretty much the same process I've used for the last couple of salvage bikes I've built. I don't really care much about what they look like - I just fix parts one at a time as I find good deals.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:47 AM
SuperBike

good idea. rough bikes are good because you can fully enjoy them without the worry of cosmetic damage.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
A good friend and riding buddy of mine has an '02 998 with a dry clutch and Termignoni race exhaust. You can hear him coming from about a mile away.

Menacing is a good description. And yeah, he has people at stop lights ask him what's wrong with his bike.
Mayby you should try standing at the curb and listening to a buddy drive up on your bike... You will probably be surprised... A stock one isn't that much quieter than a stock duc... And with My Jardine's (as Jamie I have the race core)...

I drown out a 1098 with termi's and a bone stock 1198 when we ride in group... You hear me and their dry clutches...

Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
That's funny, my VTR is twice as loud as the 1098. Mine has special order Jardine slip-ons with so called "race baffle". I always knew it was loud, but I couldn't believe how quiet it makes the 1098 seem. The 10's Termis are nice and smooth sounding, but the dB's aren't in the same ballpark as the VTR.
Oh I know... The VTR makes more noise, but the 1098 with Termi's are much more aggressive sounding... I like both...
Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 PM
SuperBike

tweety, i like both too.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
tweety, i like both too.
Heh... And I'm willing to bet if you like me could have any number of bikes you'd want, would need a new garage to house them...

My gf tried discussing the topic with me "in a serious manner"... She gave up once she figured out I wasn't kidding around when I said 5 bikes probably didn't come close to covering it...