Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

I Bought A 2005 Ducati Multistrad "S"..... Buh-Bye VTR??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Heh... Once a Superhawk, always a Superhawk...
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
A decision has been reached... anybody wanna buy a Multistrada?
what may i ask precipitated that decision? I would have thought that if touring is the major part of your criteria, you would have chosen the duck. Seems like a whole different ballgame to me, esp considering that the big duck can do everything the Hawk can do in terms of carving the twisties with the added benefits of handling rougher/fire trail/debris strewn roads, esp. if you get rid of those street only tires.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Part of the reason I wanted the Duc is I wanted a bike that was a bit more fun to ride at slower speeds... To try and keep myself out of trouble. The last time I took it out, I passed a Sheriff going the opposite direction doing double the 35mph speed limit on a twisty road... I didn't even notice I was going that fast until I saw the Sheriff. This thing is just as fun burning down the road as the VTR, maybe even more so. I also hate listening to the dry clutch... it's Ducati blasphemy, I know, but I'd rather listen to a sweet exhaust note. Speaking of which, If you want an exhaust for the Duc you'd better be ready to shell out $1,300 or more... pretty much all aftermarket parts (and replacement parts) for the Duc are god awful expensive. The Duc itself was a great bike, but after putting almost 1,000 miles on it I found it just wasn't worth killing the VTR over. If possible, I'll buy an 1100 or 1200 Multi when I have the enough funds to keep the VTR too.

Plus, the VTR has me wrapped around it's finger...
Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
well that's cool that you feel alright with that decision and it's good that you could ride it for a while. Switch back and forth between the two bikes until you actually sell the duck to make sure since you may have some time. Helps a lot to do some back to back comparisons down the same roads.

The higher cost factor is there for sure, but when you do your own maintenance, it helps to offset the expensive parts a little, and it's like having a sport bike and a dual sport all in one.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ninjagoalie
Well said!

I totally agree
Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
A decision has been reached... anybody wanna buy a Multistrada?

I want it!! Interested in a VTR trade in? And how many thousand miles will you drive for delivery?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
VTS
OCMD honorary member
Superstock

VTS is on a distinguished road
Good call Indie. I really like the new multi, but don't want to shell out the cash.
I don't think you would lose either way. That is what makes these decisions harder.
Either way great bike. What to do? Good call man, good call. The new duc or no duc at all I say. I saw a 848 in flat black last week up close. ( it has a name, I don't remember) What a beaut! Would be a great 2nd or 3rd bike. I think you would have kept that multi only a year or so and would be on to something else. The front end looks would have been to much and you would be looking for another hot looking thing to ride.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Frickin Thank God!!!

There's only one Ducati I'd ever buy, and it starts with 11 and ends with 98.