Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Harley guy's saved me from a ticket today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:16 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Harley guy's saved me from a ticket today!

I was on my way home from getting a trailer load of sand to complete my back patio project. I was traveling about 40 mph as the trailer was way overloaded. A state trooper comes up behind me and turns on every light the car has. He walks up to my window and tells me that my trailer has no license plate and he needs my drivers license. Just as i hand him my d/l about 30 or so harleys ride by and several of them shoot him the bird as they pass by. All his attention is now on them, he hands me my d/l back and tells me to get a plate for the trailer! He speeds off, a few miles up the road he has managed to get at least 15 or so of the bikes to pull over as a group. He was walking up to them as i passed by waving and saying thanks!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Insert Harley joke here...

That's just awesome!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Squid

physician is on a distinguished road
ahah Great that someone found out why those things exists....lol
Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't it be ironic if they were flipping you off because sand was coming off the trailer and blinding them.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:59 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Ha! nice to know the guys who ride Harleys are good for something! Heh, KD, it's a good thing the guys riding by weren't on Honda Gold Barges, you'd be fooked!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Back Marker

doggerman is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't it be ironic if they were flipping you off because sand was coming off the trailer and blinding them.
Too funny
Old 06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Nice to know those useless dicks are good for something...
Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Gregw

I never thought about that, hahaha.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
awesome thats too funny
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I'm pretty sure their gestures were DEFINITELY directed at you. When I had cruisers and frequently rode in a tshirt and half helmet, dump trucks and people hauling mulch, sand, or dirt...hell even a vehicle with mud caked on it was capable of making a very shitty ride. The sand blast effect can be felt up to a mile away from the vehicle depending on traffic. It not only stings the hell out of your face, but gets in your eyes making for an unsafe ride. You have to basically duck, tuck, close your eyes while opening them just enough to see that you are still on the road, and haul *** to get by the moron who failed to cover his load. Hate to say it but you kinda deserved it.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Yeah, I'm pretty sure their gestures were DEFINITELY directed at you. When I had cruisers and frequently rode in a tshirt and half helmet, dump trucks and people hauling mulch, sand, or dirt...hell even a vehicle with mud caked on it was capable of making a very shitty ride. The sand blast effect can be felt up to a mile away from the vehicle depending on traffic. It not only stings the hell out of your face, but gets in your eyes making for an unsafe ride. You have to basically duck, tuck, close your eyes while opening them just enough to see that you are still on the road, and haul *** to get by the moron who failed to cover his load. Hate to say it but you kinda deserved it.

Nope, i dont deserve a damn thing! I had just pulled out of the stone ranch and driven about a quarter of a mile up the road driving 40 mph. The sand was wet as they wet the sand several times a day to keep it from blowing and loosing their investment. The Harley's were about 5 minutes behind. The winds were from south east about 120 degrees and we were traveling north about 006 degrees.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Squid

superhawk205 is on a distinguished road
hey man, we're not all useless dicks

I know where you are coming from, most Harley owners are dicks and don't know **** about thier bikes other than where to put the gas at. I hate going to the dealershit and cutting my way thru the **** and wanna be bikers to get to the parts counter. We all aren't trying to look bad assed when we ride though, we just can't smile due to the open faced helmet, and bug factor.
Originally Posted by mikstr
Nice to know those useless dicks are good for something...
Attached Thumbnails Harley guy's saved me from a ticket today!-01hd.jpg  
Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
The scenario sounds like something out of a movie.

k-d, I understand your sand was wetted down, so they probably were just flipping off the cop. But I've flipped off drivers a number of times in the past when following them on the freeway and getting splattered with oil mist from their crappy, poorly maintained car.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
If they had ape hangers, and were sleeveless, they might have gotten perforated underarms ... lol
Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
well its a good thing they flipped him off, cause they sure wouldn't get his attention by speeding. lol. harley's speeding.. that's a funny thought.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
well its a good thing they flipped him off, cause they sure wouldn't get his attention by speeding. lol. harley's speeding.. that's a funny thought.
I've been treated with nothing less than respect by the LEO's. Riding a hot-rod with a little salt and pepper on top doesn't hurt. Riding safely is the foremost thing they look at.

I recently had an incident that a truck in front of me, laden with loose **** everywhere, 20mph off the pace. I got a closet full and blew out to the front of the pack. Lite ahead turns red. I'm using all the gears and all the brakes - could have blown through it but didn't. I get her stopped and the car next to me - diving hard just like me - is a black&white.

I just nodded to him and went back to driving. Luck would have it that home base was the next light and I peeled off to the back gate.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Back Marker

swaptrex is on a distinguished road
haha thats awesome, they may have got you out of an expensive ticket!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:46 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this sticker I have that has all these things to say to a cop when he pulls you over. my favorite is "best two out of three?"