Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Global warming....I call BS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I think it great that the 2 scales cross over. Shows unity among peoples. A common point where we can all say......its WAY too cold!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:56 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
as this discussion has so clearly demonstrated, neither side of the debate is above adopting religious fervour, or misleading and misrepresenting facts. I personally have no faith or trust in either side for the reasons stated above; I just hope, as father of a 5 year-old daughter, that we take the right decisions, whatever those may be..... Sadly, the way any discussion on the topic rapidly devolves into name-calling by both sides, who knows what lies ahead....
+1 agree on all counts mate, as a father of two young kids as well, I just hope that they enjoy at list the same world we have now.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
+1 agree on all counts mate, as a father of two young kids as well, I just hope that they enjoy at list the same world we have now.
I fear our freedom and way of life will be changed long before " climate change" will have any effect on us, this topic is just another wedge issue designed to keep us fighting. Look something shiny, let's not forget almost all of the U.S. was once covered in hundreds of feet of ice long ago and humans had nothing to do with the ice or the melting thereof. We really need to keep our on the politicians on both sides of the isle who have U.S. on the road to surfdom. By the way 74 and raining today.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
as this discussion has so clearly demonstrated, neither side of the debate is above adopting religious fervour, or misleading and misrepresenting facts. I personally have no faith or trust in either side for the reasons stated above; I just hope, as father of a 5 year-old daughter, that we take the right decisions, whatever those may be..... Sadly, the way any discussion on the topic rapidly devolves into name-calling by both sides, who knows what lies ahead....
Especially the proven liars at the IPCC and others who promote radical changes in and controls on human behavior, in addition to huge increases in the size and scope of government, to "solve" a problem they can't even prove exists and whose models are invariably wrong.

But, hey, everything is going to be OK as long as central banks continue to print funny money and politicians keep finding ways to make government bigger and to steal from one group and give to another.

Last edited by killer5280; 01-04-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by NHSH
Me too, although they're not so young any more, and they won't.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Especially the proven liars at the IPCC and others who promote radical changes in and controls on human behavior, in addition to huge increases in the size and scope of government, to "solve" a problem they can't even prove exists and whose models are invariably wrong.

But, hey, everything is going to be OK as long as central banks continue to print funny money and politicians keep finding ways to make government bigger and to steal from one group and give to another.
not sure how many times and ways I can re-phrase that both sides are full of crap and have no legitimacy due to their agenda (there are countless cases of big businesses putting profits before human health, and there are just as many of elitist windbags who think they can dictate right from wrong..... anyone who denies either is brainwashed or brain-dead) most of us mortals don't have the tools and resources to really decipher what is going on, and those who may (notice the word may instead of do.....) are a bunch of liars......

anyhow, my involvement here is done... my quota of boogiemen and conspiracy theorists is full......

Last edited by mikstr; 01-04-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:59 PM
SuperBike

not sure how many times and ways I can re-phrase that both sides are full of crap and have no legitimacy due to their agenda (there are countless cases of big businesses putting profits before human health, and there are just as many of elitist windbags who think they can dictate right from wrong..... anyone who denies either is brainwashed or brain-dead) most of us mortals don't have the tools and resources to really decipher what is going on, and those who may (notice the word may instead of do.....) are a bunch of liars......

anyhow, my involvement here is done... my quota of boogiemen and conspiracy theorists is full......
The two sides you're talking about are really on the same side. Big Oil is in bed with Big Save The Environment to force this political agenda on us. I don't know how many times and ways I can rephrase that.
There is only one truth, however, although conspiracy fact does often cause cognitive dissonance among those unprepared to be honest with themselves.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
If we treat our supposed part in climate change like an emergency there is only upside (clean renewable energy, fuel efficiency, energy independence and world leadership in all the tech that gets us there..). If we ignore it and we're wrong well, were already seeing the downsides emerge (more expensive energy, unpredictable farming seasons, behavior mandates..). I'll choose being a useful idiot over being a useless one.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
The number of Americans who believe in climate change are falling fast, probably due to the e-mail's from the IPCC scientists made public about their concern that the data they were getting did not match the predictions they were making, the revelation that the hockey stick graph that started this whole discussion was imaginary and the fact that many government's want's to use this issue as a vehicle for a massive transfer of wealth from the producing countries to the undeveloped one's for social justice. Let's wait until we have a viable, affordable energy supply before we throw the baby out with the bathwater. If the people pushing this agenda put all the money spent advancing this over the last 35 years on alternative energy research instead of trying to convince the majority we could be a lot closer to a solution.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by davidka
If we treat our supposed part in climate change like an emergency there is only upside (clean renewable energy, fuel efficiency, energy independence and world leadership in all the tech that gets us there..). If we ignore it and we're wrong well, were already seeing the downsides emerge (more expensive energy, unpredictable farming seasons, behavior mandates..). I'll choose being a useful idiot over being a useless one.
Never mind the expense and the stifling regulations, huh? No downside there.
I prefer not being an idiot at all, but whatever makes you happy.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Never mind the expense and the stifling regulations, huh? No downside there.
I prefer not being an idiot at all, but whatever makes you happy.
What do you see in the energy markets now? The downsides you're citing are the reality we live in now.

Good stuff is always expensive to do. I find it surprising how so many are content with the expense of the crappy stuff we're doing now.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Squid
Squid

hallstein is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth: Global Warming Fast Facts
Old 01-06-2014, 05:36 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
This is becoming another religious debate, I think I will pass here.