Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Global warming....I call BS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
Global warming....I call BS!

So its another clear and sunny day where I live, and once again its -40C outside....I swear its been 3 weeks like this. Daytime highs of -25C, lows of -40 to -45C, and then add in the windchill....and we get below-50C! I have to say though, it does make me laugh that even though its so cold, life still goes on as usual. Hell, I work for a school division and we don't cancel bus service unless its -45C or lower with the windchill! Only 2 more months before it starts to warm up, and only 3 weeks until I'm on a jetski in Huatulco, Mexico!. So, all you southern folks, feel free to brag about your warm temps, I am jealous.......
Old 01-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
For sure you guys out west have it worst then we have out east. I still do not
believe however, global warming is BS. It's a fact and a reality. Just look at all the crazy weather around the world. Hell they had a snow storm in the middle east a few weeks ago. They hadn't seen snow in about 150 years.

Floods, hurricanes, cyclones, etc are direct results of global warming. It's not just a temperature on the thermometer reality.

Anyway scoot, this is to make you warm and fuzzy inside. Here is what the temp on my heat pump was at 7ish this morning. Bottom digit.

Global warming....I call BS!-100_0365.jpg
Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Just an old-fashion Canadian winter...... on a positive note, good air density means the snowmobiles are making lots of horsepower

FWIW, I remember waiting for the school bus at -55 C when I was growing up in Northern Ontario... ah, the good old days ........
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
ren
Back Marker

ren is on a distinguished road
well Los Angeles got a record low of rain in 2013 and I spent Christmas and New Years in 70 degree plus weather lol so we'll leave the analysis to the experts
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scooter72
So its another clear and sunny day where I live, and once again its -40C outside....I swear its been 3 weeks like this. Daytime highs of -25C, lows of -40 to -45C, and then add in the windchill....and we get below-50C! I have to say though, it does make me laugh that even though its so cold, life still goes on as usual. Hell, I work for a school division and we don't cancel bus service unless its -45C or lower with the windchill! Only 2 more months before it starts to warm up, and only 3 weeks until I'm on a jetski in Huatulco, Mexico!. So, all you southern folks, feel free to brag about your warm temps, I am jealous.......
Well, it's not because you are experiencing a cold Winter, but yes Global Warming, er, anthropogenic Climate Change is indeed BS invented to promote a control freak political agenda and bolstered by outright lies and fabricated data.
There are plenty of useful idiots who genuinely believe it, though.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by killer5280
Well, it's not because you are experiencing a cold Winter, but yes Global Warming, er, anthropogenic Climate Change is indeed BS invented to promote a control freak political agenda and bolstered by outright lies and fabricated data.
There are plenty of useful idiots who genuinely believe it, though.
A bit harsh on the phrasing IMO....... As for myself, knowing the political and economic interests that lie on both sides of the argument (elitist foundations vs Big Oil, .....), it's hard to know who's telling the truth as both sides are not above lying and manipulating to promote their interest-driven agenda.... I just hope, for the sake of future generations (ie. my daughter) that if it is true, that something gets done......
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
You just gotta consider who has more to gain by manipulating the data...

And in some ways, the fear of the implications of human induced climate change can cause individuals to seek solace in support for the alternative. Scares the **** out of me, anyway.

High of 72*F here in Phoenix today
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Back Marker

msethhunter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Hell they had a snow storm in the middle east a few weeks ago. They hadn't seen snow in about 150 years.

So what was the cause of global warming 150 years ago?

The earth goes through cycles. We are in a warming trend. The accurate data hasn't been available for long enough for conclusive results. Are we effecting the earth? Maybe. Can anyone tell from the data we have on our hands? Certainly not. The problem with that is that by the time we actually know, it's going to likely be to late.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...rctic-ice.html

Last edited by msethhunter; 01-02-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Back Marker

Wow...didn't think this thread would turn into a climate change debate so fast!. I was only being sarcastic about it, because i'm just tired of it being ***** cold, and would like it to warm up a bit around here. But there is enough data on either sides of the coin to prove or disprove the whole theory, and way to many people manipulating said data for their own agendas...but you cant deny the fact that we've had some crazy weather in the past years all around the world.

Like Mikstr said, I do hope for my kids sake that something good will come out the entire debate, and they can have a world that is still liveable....and he also had another great point....snowmobiles and anything turbocharged do make sick power in this kind of cold, so that does make me a little happier.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
You just gotta consider who has more to gain by manipulating the data...
+1, or in other words: "follow the money"
Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by mikstr
A bit harsh on the phrasing IMO....... As for myself, knowing the political and economic interests that lie on both sides of the argument (elitist foundations vs Big Oil, .....), it's hard to know who's telling the truth as both sides are not above lying and manipulating to promote their interest-driven agenda.... I just hope, for the sake of future generations (ie. my daughter) that if it is true, that something gets done......
Oh, Big Oil is completely on board with the tyrannical "Green" agenda, commonly known as Agenda 21. The only two sides to this issue are "us" and "them" and "them" includes both the elite foundations and the major oil companies (and government of course, or rather the oligarchs who control governments). "Us", of course, is We The Sheeple.
Like I said, there are plenty of useful idiots out there who believe this garbage. In fact they are essential for such nonsense to gain a foothold in public opinion, but the soundly discredited theory that is Climate Change caused by CO2 emissions from human activity is a transparent front for a political agenda to control all human behavior.
This is not meant to minimize real problems with pollution and waste, but currently the biggest polluters are those entities most interested in promoting this agenda and I don't expect that to change when we are so regulated that our bathroom habits are scrutinized.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Global warming or not, pumping Co2 and all other unwanted gasses in this rate, not to mention polluting the oceans is just wrong (pissing in your own well) and eventually we as humanity will pay the price one way or another, as one of you put it, by the time we will find out it will be too late.
Just so all of you will be on the same page, the governments will make money either way, all they have to do is sell the next agenda, they never pay for consequences, we do!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Squid

mdouglas71 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Just an old-fashion Canadian winter...... on a positive note, good air density means the snowmobiles are making lots of horsepower

FWIW, I remember waiting for the school bus at -55 C when I was growing up in Northern Ontario... ah, the good old days ........
Shoot.. my car in colder climates feels like it has a lot more horse power too... I love it.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:17 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scooter72
Wow...didn't think this thread would turn into a climate change debate so fast!.
Yeaaaahhhh I could have told you that as soon as I saw the title...
Old 01-02-2014, 03:56 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Yeaaaahhhh I could have told you that as soon as I saw the title...
should stick to more neutral topics, like abortion and gun control...... lol
Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Global warming/ climate change is a religion. Believe it if you like but there is no science to back it. Its become a useful tool for me to gauge people though, as soon as its mentioned I tend to avoid the (useful) idiot. Meanwhile bureaucrats are taxing and fining us to death with this horseshit and the people cheer! God help us all.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by msethhunter
So what was the cause of global warming 150 years ago?

The earth goes through cycles. We are in a warming trend. The accurate data hasn't been available for long enough for conclusive results. Are we effecting the earth? Maybe. Can anyone tell from the data we have on our hands? Certainly not. The problem with that is that by the time we actually know, it's going to likely be to late.

NASA - Opposite Behaviors? Arctic Sea Ice Shrinks, Antarctic Grows
This above all else is what I agree with. The earth we know has gone through more than one "ice age" and melted said ice without our help. I don't think we know enough to say we are the cause of the polar ice caps melting, I don't necessarily think we are helping it any, and I am sure we are damaging our environment with some of the things we do, but I don't buy into the global warming hype that its completely our fault and not something that occurs naturally.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
Global warming/ climate change is a religion. Believe it if you like but there is no science to back it. Its become a useful tool for me to gauge people though, as soon as its mentioned I tend to avoid the (useful) idiot. Meanwhile bureaucrats are taxing and fining us to death with this horseshit and the people cheer! God help us all.
It's far less scientific than any religion.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
WOW -45? You Cannucks are talking the Kelvin scale right? Or whatever system you use? Not -45F? I grew up in Buffalo and it gets a ton of snow but is not the coldest place.

Coldest I have been was Omaha NE. The temp without windchill was -46F. Never felt anything like it. I was painfully cold running from the cab to the hotel.

As for global weirding, here is a glimse into the future. They are already using it for a BS excuse to try to establish a one world governing body to "regulate" industrial practices.

As in go to other lands and try to force them to comply. (what?).. I dont see this ending well..........
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Squid

Spawnbike is on a distinguished road
Smile Ill add my two cents worth.

I may be new but Ill leave my 2 cents worth.
I left Montreal Quebec a long time ago and moved to Florida. I was very smart at a very young age of I think one year old.
Anyway Yes Florida usually all year round has great riding weather but everything around were I am at is so freaking flat and straight ya sure hauling a$$ in top gear and seeing how long you stay there hitting the rev limiter was cool at a young age but I crave for twistiest, chicanes, and Hills.
The most fun I have is going to Toronto about once or twice a year. I really enjoy that motorcycle community there than I do here.

Anyway stay warm I'm going to go turn down the air conditioner as I am getting hot. This 70 F (21 C) is getting unbearable.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
-45C and -45F are very close to the same temp... -40* is about where the two scales "cross over"

------

It's pretty easy to tell the hardcore Floridian riders because they all stretch and lower their bikes.

------

Global warming probably is registered as a religion to get tax exempt status.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
WOW -45? You Cannucks are talking the Kelvin scale right? Or whatever system you use? Not -45F? I grew up in Buffalo and it gets a ton of snow but is not the coldest place.

Coldest I have been was Omaha NE. The temp without windchill was -46F. Never felt anything like it. I was painfully cold running from the cab to the hotel.
We use the centigrade scale up here, but to convert it to Fahrenheit, the coldest we've had here in the past few weeks was around -50F...withoutthe windchill. There were a few mornings heading to work and it was -65F with the windchill!. Needless to say, that wakes you up in a hurry, and our usual coldest time of the year is still a few weeks away....at least its a dry cold.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Here's a nice article written a few years ago by National Geographic about climate changes. I guess as a usefull idiot as I'm being called by previous posters, I should be 'useful' and post this for everyone to read.

Sorry, there is no important news about Brittany Spears or how Duck Dynasty is a homophobic show. Just news about thousands of scientists around the world who are all out for financial gain from our taxes.

Global Warming Fast Facts
Old 01-03-2014, 07:16 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Here's a nice article written a few years ago by National Geographic about climate changes. I guess as a usefull idiot as I'm being called by previous posters, I should be 'useful' and post this for everyone to read.

Sorry, there is no important news about Brittany Spears or how Duck Dynasty is a homophobic show. Just news about thousands of scientists around the world who are all out for financial gain from our taxes.

Global Warming Fast Facts
Ah yes, the good old IPCC and its infamous report. Mucho credibility there.
That's about as believable as a TEPCO press release.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Squid

Spawnbike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
-45C and -45F are very close to the same temp... -40* is about where the two scales "cross over"

------

It's pretty easy to tell the hardcore Floridian riders because they all stretch and lower their bikes.

------

Global warming probably is registered as a religion to get tax exempt status.
Ya we sure do have a lot of lowered and stretched bikes here I personaly dont care for them yes there blingy, yes they think they look cool in modifying there bike to the point there completely unstable, and there is nothing funnier to me than watching a lowered bike trying to get over a speed bump (mind you most don't succed very well) there also that guy who buys a cheap stretched swing arm and either snaps it or it flexes enough to where the chain falls off.
I'm not saying that I don't like customization but I like function as well as style.

By the way thanks for sending the cold down it is 65 F (18 C) BUUUUR
Old 01-04-2014, 01:35 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-...ming-missieres a good read to underline my point.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

The link isnt working?

Last edited by j shizzy wizzy; 01-04-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
The link isnt working?
Seems like it doesn't....
What was it about?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by NHSH
Seems like it doesn't....
What was it about?
I think it was about the icebound ship full of climate researchers on a "Global Warming" mission and how most of the media has glossed over the rich irony of it.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:49 AM
MotoGP

as this discussion has so clearly demonstrated, neither side of the debate is above adopting religious fervour, or misleading and misrepresenting facts. I personally have no faith or trust in either side for the reasons stated above; I just hope, as father of a 5 year-old daughter, that we take the right decisions, whatever those may be..... Sadly, the way any discussion on the topic rapidly devolves into name-calling by both sides, who knows what lies ahead....

Quick Reply: Global warming....I call BS!