Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Ever run from the cops on your hawk?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Condor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RoofCleanPhenom
I race the same cop usually once a week. He has a pretty quick Crown Vic cruiser.
He never wins. He always pulls me over at the end of the street and bitches at me about my speed AND kicking his *** in the race. Then we go into the cafe and get a bite to eat. Good having a brother who's a cop lol
Yep!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
OK i didnt run but here it is.. I was in the desert just outside of surprise AZ and passed a group of cars. I then thought i would hit 150 as i was late to my brother-in-laws birthday party. I could see for at least 2 miles ahead and nothing was in site. He lives in the boonies. Well... as i did i quick glance at my speedo and pushed past 130 i looked up and there was a po-po sitting in the median in a dried out mud hole!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaked, slammed the brakes and looked back still going about 110.. he never moved, ever!! i twisted it and got out of there .... After the party i took the same road home and he was gone.

lucky!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
I've been a light speeder for quite a while, never had any vehicle up over 130, and have about 2 pages of "Defective Vehicle" violations lol. Anyway, I've never actually sped up to get away from a cop, that just sounds bad.

I've blasted by speed traps in full tuck doing 90-100, the cops don't even chase around here. That's happened 2 or 3 times to me on 6th Avenue (long straight highway here in Denver).

The only other times I evaded the cops, at the last job I was almost always late, so I'd be doing 20 over on the highway on the way in. It was busy, and I would dart in and out of traffic in my pickup truck. There was this speedtrap that was right before an exit for McDonalds. So anytime I called my boss from Drive through, he KNEW I had evaded a cop by taking the exit really quickly before the cop could get through traffic. My boss got lots of free McDonalds, and I'm actually quite surprised that I never got a ticket in the drive through.

Now I work a different job and can get to work at 5 am with no traffic, so I rarely speed anymore. My driving habits changed a LOT when I got the bike.

Last edited by jonnyd; 04-20-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Squid

the1bolton is on a distinguished road
So my two wheeled attempt to escape the cops was a little different. I was out and about and noticed a cop had payed particular attention to me so I booked it down a side street (the cop was in front of me). Unfortunately there was a very clear road that is easy to speed on that paralleled the sand-covered road I had taken and we could see each other the whole way.

About 1 mile later the cop blocked me at a cross street. I was super nervous and couldn't get away... and then it happened. I got a free ice cream cone for wearing my helmet... I was about 10 years old and was on my mountain bike.

Never felt better to be chased by the cops and never ran since (never plan to either).
Old 04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE
Old 04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Haven't yet, but I would consider it depending on the circumstances.

Typically you don't have much time to make that decision, so I anticipate it, based on how well I think he could have ID'd me, how familiar I am with the area, how much traffic, stoplights, busy or sheltered places to hide out.

You can't just keep running because they'll be on the radio looking for you and you're bound to speed past another cop in the process. Probably best to get the hell out of there and hide out and grab lunch for awhile. I figure at any given time there's a window or area between that cop and all the others he can contact. That's the area you have to work with in getting away and finding a place to hide.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by swordfish
LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE
Well what did you expect from someone named bolton.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent *** clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Squid

Joe Kano is an unknown quantity at this point
All right, all right, so I exaggerated a little bit, so what? Doesn't everybody? Even Hunter B. Thompson imbellished in his stories.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
I wont stunt or endanger people on the highway, but Im known for riding pretty fast.
In reality I usually just stay ahead of everyone for safety reasons and so is still pretty fast.
On other occasions, while testing something new or just riding with the gang and have somewhere to go, we kinda do a time warp, bending of the clock travel.
In this mode, speed limits dont exist, and police we encounter here in Texas pretty much dont care for a chase they and their helicopter ( a robinson r-44 ) will lose every time.
I think its a matter of respect, between us and the police.
We dont ride dangerously near other vehicles, and use our signals, and generally are 3 times sharper than the 4-wheeler (car) pilots.
This takes place only on the super highways of Dallas / Fort Worth, as they are seamlessly connected and offer great cruising speeds.

(splitting lanes breaks a rule, no lane splitting, ever.)

As for actually "running" from police, I dont know as I dont use mirrors (why look back?) and never cared for verification either way. I know we have ridden past cops going the same direction , and they had a running chance obviously to pursue and didnt.
So, its the unspoken rule about sportbikes down here... they will chase you down if you look like a foolish monkey ... otherwise they have no taste for joining us at our frequency...

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 04-21-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Carnivore
Back Marker

Grizz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Joe Kano
All right, all right, so I exaggerated a little bit, so what? Doesn't everybody? Even Hunter B. Thompson imbellished in his stories.
Wow, I did not think it was possible but that move just made you look dumber than you did in your first post!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The one any only time I ran from the cops, a "friend" I no longer speak to due to this incident and I were out riding around town just for fun. We came to a red light when he decided it would be fun to smoke the entire intersection. Just as he started, a cop sitting a few hundred yards away we had not seen turned on his lights and proceeded to come over. At this point, my friend looked at me and calmly said:

Friend - You may want to get the hell out of here
Me - Why?
Friend - My bike is stolen and I have 2 warrants out for my arrest.

At this point, he hit the throttle, brought up the front end and was gone. For a split second I looked in the cop's direction and saw him say "don't do it" through his cruiser window. I hit the throttle, and took off thinking to myself....WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!!! About 1/2 a mile down the road there was a dead end vehicle trap that the buses would use to cross onto another road. Fortunately, my bike went right through but the cop car was not wide enough to cross.

The very next day I went over to my "friends" house and shitcaned him. The next week, he lost control and hit a barrier running from the cops again and killed himself......definitely not one of my prouder moments. Now, if I want to go fast, I go to the track.

Last edited by Grizz; 04-24-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Thank you for sharing your story Grizz. Definitely helps keep things in perspective and why I scrutinize who I ride with more and more every day.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
On other occasions, while testing something new or just riding with the gang and have somewhere to go, we kinda do a time warp, bending of the clock travel.
In this mode, speed limits dont exist, and police we encounter here in Texas pretty much dont care for a chase they and their helicopter ( a robinson r-44 ) will lose every time.
I think its a matter of respect, between us and the police.
We dont ride dangerously near other vehicles, and use our signals, and generally are 3 times sharper than the 4-wheeler (car) pilots.
This takes place only on the super highways of Dallas / Fort Worth, as they are seamlessly connected and offer great cruising speeds.

As for actually "running" from police, I dont know as I dont use mirrors (why look back?) and never cared for verification either way. I know we have ridden past cops going the same direction , and they had a running chance obviously to pursue and didnt.
So, its the unspoken rule about sportbikes down here... they will chase you down if you look like a foolish monkey ... otherwise they have no taste for joining us at our frequency...
Please send some of your fine cops to Virginia. Actually we would even trade you 2 of ours for 1 of yours.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Squid

mattmcgyver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Smileyhawk
Not run, yet, but did pass a speeding ticket to a car. .... Not a great-guns, high-speed chase, but I felt really good at the time.
I've generally like to ride up the highway this way too, downshift and pass someone with ground effect LED's and sure enough they pass you at 90+... than just lay back in their wake waiting for the speed trap.... Once the cop came out, that was fun.... maybe I should feel bad though.....
Old 02-19-2011, 05:38 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Please send some of your fine cops to Virginia. Actually we would even trade you 2 of ours for 1 of yours.
Please don't. I might move to VA for a job, and bring the SH in tow, that or portland, OR, but it sounds pretty hippie/homeless wannabe heavy. Enough out of me today, but any input is welcome. Otherwise you can still find me in SE Wisco.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I actually get harassed on a regular basis by cops who are mad that a bike just outran them. I was in a gas station, jacket & helmet off helping a broken down biker (a stranger) and a cop walked up and gave me a ticket. He didnt show/ delayed the hearings for 1.5 yrs! When in front of the judge I won because I was given a moving violaton but wasn't moving. Cop was mad. I was happy, but still cheated. I have like 90 similar stories but thats life in the big city.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
I hate Semi-Trucks that have gravel, dirt, or sand in the hauler and don't have it secured or covered. The Interstate I commute on was shut down to one lane for about 20 miles and No Passing was allowed once you get into the "construction area" I get almost to the Constuction area and a semi with a load of material pulls out in front of me and I know what is gonna happen. I will be sand blasted for the next 20 miles if I don't get infront of him. So I have about a half mile to get around him and I use the Hawks ability to make quick work of the Rolling Sand Blaster. I pull around him and behind the 1st warning sign of construction ahead is a State Poke in the median with a Laser Gun. What happens next is to be continued in the next post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

geekonamotorcycle is on a distinguished road
I inadvertently ran once. But it was on my Kat. a cop tagged me and started his car and lights as I came by at 70 in a 55. my turn was just beyond his view and I took it and parked my bike behind a shrubbery. he came through with the spot light a few minutes later but never found me.

DO NOT RUN FROM THE COPS
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Back Marker

thefitzvh is on a distinguished road
I believe in Karma in a way... not in the mystical bullshit sense, but in a more generic "If you do the right thing it encourages others" kinda way.

I flew by a VA trooper on my hawk several years ago. This was my first hawk, long since gone. He was set up, stationary, and backwards. He would have NEVER caught me. I was doing 90 or so. Speed limit was low, like 50 or something. I was looking at a fat reckless ticket

I slowed to a stop, got off the bike, took the key out, took my helmet off, and waited.

He showed up and the first words out of his mouth were "I would have never caught you"

I said "Yeah, well... it ain't right to run"

he handed my license back, said "Slow down, son," and went back to his car.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
So the rest of the story; I quickly look down at an indicated 94 (which you know is really about 82) With the limit being 65 right there, I know there is now way I am getting off with a warning. I assess my options and rapidly think how long will it take to get to the next exit versus the time it will take for the State Trooper to get out of the median and get to me. I know that the Semi that pulled in front of me will be between me and the Trooper on a single lane road, so I know I have time to get to the exit. So I put the hammer down and "run it" up to the next exit. I whip it off and hit the country roads home. While on my way home, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket but I am a little too busy. At one of the intersections in the country, I looked at my phone and my Brother in law who is a state trooper in the area said there was a APB out for a Red Cycle with my matching particulars. I did not read the rest of the texts because I was scared now. Any local LEO was just given the Green light to pick me up. If I would have read the next one that said "Red Motorcycle was seen traveling East on I-74 into the State of Indiana" I would have realized that he sent them the wrong way from me. I arrived home to his Squad car sitting in my driveway. He was a little annoyed that I did not respond.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
ive run them alot in my past. ran them more in my car than i have on the bike but ive taken off a few times on the bike. the most memorable one was halfway through last year. there were 3 of us out, a 2010 triumph 675 in the lead, me in the middle, and an 07 cbr1000 behind me. we roll up on a car on a twisty run and hes carrying a slow pace. so the 675 pulls out and passes the car, i change lanes and see the lights come on, so i giver and go, and the cbr followed me aswell. so i run up on the 675 and blow past him witht he cbr on me. we duck into a plaza and hide behind it and as we get our helmets off we hear the 675 screaming as he took off. he didnt realize there was a cop behind us and when the cop pulled up beside him at a light he took off.

then there are the random i was going too fast to see your lights behind me escapes
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
moto gp wannabe
Squid

dutchdude is on a distinguished road
well back when my wife was bartending i stayed till closing time to follow her home. On the way home i got bored and the highway was empty so i opened the ninja up and let her run. When i got home my wife asks me - did you even see that cop we passed? I say no -where was he- she replies he passed us going the other way, he saw you and he hit his brakes then he just kept going the other way. Morale of the story is dont pull over till you see the flashing lights- but once the lights are flashing pull over -once they have your license plate it is all over -even the fastest bike cant outrun the radio.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
klu
Squid

klu is on a distinguished road
Well I don't have a Firestorm (or Superhawk as you yanks call 'em) yet, but I have run from the cops a few times on my CB400 and SV650.

There a lot calmer over here in Dublin than they are in the states and they only have a few high powered cars and one helicopter to cover the whole country. So yeah, it ain't hard to lose them
Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
This way to odd, I knew Zy, and knew his record- Funny as this seems.. I was the officer in the PINBall machine-that just happen to have been observing and went in pursuit of these three..
Zy failed to mention-- I saw their silly *** standing on the side of road.. I knew that had been my targets...
And gave them the break ... I can remeber the day well...Never knew he wrote about it...
[quote=Blue Ridge Boy;146474]To start off, I am currently on probation, so is my dad, and my friend Kevin
My dad, Kevin, and I are leaving a local motorcycle shop. Kevin and I immediately pulled stand-ups wheelies and are riding them out with my dad following. We get up to about 80 mph (speed limit = 35 mph). Sure enough, a Dodge Charger cop is going the other direction and lights click on. Kevin and I set the bikes down and take off. My dad pulls off to the side and hides out (Cop had his eyes on the Busa and Hawk ). Kevin and I, I hate to say it, blow through 3 stop lights at about 150 mph....then quickly pull into a deserted motel parking lot up on a hill, park the bikes out of sight and walk to the edge off the hill (all of our motorcycle gear taken off) and sure enough the cop comes barreling down the road lights and siren screaming and Kevin and I almost fall on the ground laughing. About 5 minutes later...he comes driving back up the road real slowly looking around.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:30 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I was riding with a buddy on a vfr & we were dicing a little. At about 110-120mph we ride past a speed trap. In the split second it took to think we both downshift & punch it running flat out for a few miles then pulling off at an exit. I dont think the cop wanted to get involved or maybe couldnt give a good description
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Here in Ca it is a Felony to run, so even though you "might " be able to get away with it, it just isn't worth it if you get caught.

Though I was young and dumb at one time...... that was when I found out that my old FJ1100 was faster that the LAPDs JetRanger, but like I said, I don't even think of it anymore just pull over and deal with it.

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 02-28-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Squid

flyinbrian24 is on a distinguished road
I used to run from them all the time when I was a teenager on my RD400 Daytona Special.Never got caught in the act but they did come to my house a couple times.The helmet with a shamrock and Flyin'Brian on the back might have given me away.Just maybe.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
We in WNC, usually ride in big groups(15 or20 bikes) and not being a law dog anymore- We push the limits most all the time.
Last summer ,We as a group stretched out a single line on the parkway- 45mph speed limit. YEAH right.. So we're cutting the road and come to a roadblock (Federal Park Ranger). So we pulled up -myself and the three bikes that were ahead of me, and shutting down .. I hear over the two-way radio PA. " Get ready up there--- There is a whole group of them Power Rangers coming your way".. from a ranger sitting in the woods , just off the road with a radar..
Being that "WE all looked alike- Ha Ha ! ! Each one of us got a $100.00 fine. and sent on our way..
8541hawk.. NC is the same as far as a felony, besides they impound your bike, and if your lucky- they just send you walking- after your ticket...

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 03-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.