Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Bike Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
hey all. Thanks for your help, but we fell short. We actually took no awards away, got challenged by other teams on multiple aspects of the bikes legality for ahrma 200gp, nearly told to stuff it for the Build competition, and got yelled at. So, by the measure of a race team, we must be doing really well!!! Now off to the race track to prove how awesome we are?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
SuperBike

Check it out
Attached Thumbnails Bike Build-dscn6228.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
SuperBike

Hey all,
I wanted to take the time to give an update and thank some folks. Fist off, we had a rough weekend at RA. It turns out that the 90 degree crank loves to rev, electronic ignition allows for it, and the rider wont shift if it seems to continue to build power. We ran out of money and could not get race springs on the exhaust (had some for the intakes laying around) and we floated the exhaust valves. This "increased overlap" kept building power, so rider kept in it. Burnt/ hammered an exhaust valve pretty bad and lost compression on left cylinder. In the end we had no "empirical" evidence of the performance...but, our rider had this to say. "with any reasonable rider, it would win any race it entered." "The bike is scary, I have never gone through turn 3,5,9, 11, or 14 so fast." on the suspension "it is perfect, don't touch anything"

This is hard to believe considering the bike was largely a prototype...built by high school students. A big thanks goes out to some major sponsors. DMr (Jamie Daugherty) for his work on our front suspension, YSS shocks for their donation of ridiculous shocks, Frame Crafters for the geometry, and many many more.

Now, for this weekend. The bike was suppose to race at Grattan... but the machine shop did not get the head done. This means that the bike will go to auction without proof of performance. Absolutely depressing, but my students understand what they accomplished. I thank all of you for your support and our sponsors for the kind and generous donations.