Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Apparently this is not well known..... (Tobacco users)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vega (streetfighter)
For those of you cigar smokers out there consider buying a pipe and some good tobacco. Me and my buddys used to smoke cigars, but even if you buy inexpensive ones (macanudo portofino,nice) they still can get expensive. The initial investment on a pipe is a bit much, but the tobacco is pretty cheap and it smells and taste GREAT.... Plus it looks super cool, like Sherlock Holmes.

Exactly....nothing better and it's so much more affordable. I can't afford good cigars, but I purchased a couple of Ascorti pipes as an investment, and I can always afford a few ounces of quality leaf. English blends and a few of TinderBox's aromatics keep me happy. I keep my baccy in my hutch with textbooks at work, and when I open it up....mmmm heavenly smell.

Cancer-wise...I looked up the statistics, and 1-2 bowls a day is literally inconclusive in its effects on health. Plus, since you don't inhale, it isn't the lung hazard or nicotine addiction. I love how all the anti smoking stuff is based on your chain smoking cigarette guy...and the rest of us pay who understand moderation.