Full Akrapovic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
Question Full Akrapovic Exhaust

Hello Gents,

Does anyone know anything about this exhaust? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...17542717QQrdZ1
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
they make very high quality exhausts sytems. For price its hard to say - I was trying to locate a full system a few months back and seemed to recall search various suppliers that you could still find some full Akro exhausts for less, but you'd have to search to verify that. I could also never find out from them what they mean by "racing" exhaust, in terms of loudness and design. From everyone I've talked to who knows these engines well, the consensus is that a full system really doesn't provide much benefit (over slipons) in the absence of other engine work (valves, porting, cams etc). Depending on design and size you could conceivable loose power as well. I don't know what other changes you've done to your bike.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Back Marker

Well I dont have all of the motor work done yet. I have the cams, and will be ordering a set of HC pistons. I would like to get the heads done while the motor is apart, but that will have to wait until I get the funding for the project back somewhere close to black, maybe a dark redish color would be good. I know that the stock header is really hard to improve upon, just didnt know about that exhaust as it looked like there was no connector between the front and rear header pipes.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:10 AM
SuperBike

the exhaust looks right. If you have some time though, you can still get a moriwaki full stage 1 exhaust. The workmanship is really high quality, and you can get a full titanium system and it was designed to work with these other mods. I put one on after making those engine changes and really noticed what felt like a big difference in performance (midrange and top), though I have yet to re-dyno it again - soon though. Pricey, and some waiting for it, but maybe worth it ultimately if you are putting a lot of time effort in the bike and are going to consider a $1200 exhaust already.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 AM
Back Marker

Cliby, Any idea where to look for the Moriwaki? I would love to be able to get my hands on one of those. I have Leo high mounts now, so I am not in a hurry, but would love a chance to find a set of the Moriwakis.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Seaton,

Keep me in mind for the Leos when you get them replaced. I'm thinking of going back to a dual exhaust setup. Thanks. (circling like a vulture )
Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
SuperBike

search for Big Valley Honda in reno. call there and ask to find a person Bob Hayashida - I'm pretty sure he is still there. Tell them you want to locate a moriwaki full exhaust for your bike. I am pretty sure they can still be made/bought. they have always been the US distributor for Moriwaki parts. I haven't spoken with Bob in awhile but believe he is still associated with Big valley honda
Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Back Marker

Yeah... I have spoken with Bob in the past, BVH doesnt have their links to Moriwaki any more, which is a bummer because they had a lot of great information. I have found one company that says they can get the Mori exhaust for 1500, so I will have to keep hunting around.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 PM
SuperBike

I know they don't list it, but I believe they still are a distributor, and Bob will be the most knowledgeable guy on the matter so I would still call there to ask. Sierra BMW is less knowledgable about these products.