Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Yellow 99 for sale soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:30 PM
WERA #44
Superstock

happytrack44 is on a distinguished road
Yellow 99 for sale soon

I have been assembling a 99 from 2 salvage theft recovery bikes. (legal salvage purchase, clean salvage paperwork) I am NOT selling my yellow 02, this is an extra.
$2500, local pickup only.

It is bone stock except for the Yosh RS 3 stainless pipes and dinky aftermarket mirrors. Not half as loud as my MIG pipes, but that may not be bad.
2 speedo/guages, 25,634, and 17,290 showing. I think the engine is of the former. You only get one of the guage sets.

I've cleaned the carbs, set the tps, and synced them. They have 175, 178 mains and 045 primaries. (stock) it has a stock filter.

I have a K&N filter without the rubber carb vent blockers I can throw in for an additional $35.

She starts and runs well, but doesn't like choke, runs smooth thru the rpm, but have not ridden yet.

She has a fairly new set of Shinco advance 005 tires

I am waiting for petcock rebuild kit to finish up and test ride.I am pulling the carbs to take a second look at the choke.

Observations, recommendations;

Needs fork seals. Recommend sending tubes to Greg Nemish for the good stuff. Or, I will re-seal and fresh oil for $175 additional.

Should have CCTs replaced with APE or equivilant. Will do for additional $225

If you put in a K&N, rejetting is a must. can do for an added $125.

Shock, look at posts about that. Stock is very hard and numb. I put a Hyperpro spring (progressive rate, 195 pound rider) on a stock shock, and it worked well on my Hawk. I now have a Penski and the Hyperpro/stock shock is available on this bike for an additional $150.

Plastics and tank are presentable but not perfect. Tail is cracked above tail light, usual spider web craze around the upper fairing top mounts. Stock seat, and you get my best stock tail light. Aluminum fairing/frame mounts are all in good shape. Tank is good finish, clean inside. Petcock fragged but fixing that.

Right radiator is ever-so slightly distorted, but you got to look for it.

Replaced right side engine cover, Foot peg, & brake levers from lowside damage. Right can is marred, see future pics.

Except for the fork seals, this will be a great rider from the git-go. Leaky seals can grease your front brakes and change your suspension dynamics.

I will edit this post with pictures and details as soon as I can get my camera back from my Daughter.

Petcock rebuild and test ride will dictate availability date.