Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Wtb:stock air filter/oem/stock needles,jets

Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Squid

kelowna1971 is on a distinguished road
Wtb:stock air filter/oem/stock needles,jets

I have a KN, jardine full system, dynojet kit all from unkown po.
My fuel milage is abysmal. 60 miles tank sometimes and not much better when i try ans baby the throttle. Takes alot of joy out of riding with gas prices so high.
Im thinking that starting the carb retune with a stock filter will be much better for milage, and overall ease of tuning.
And try and get stock needles/springs. Plug holes in slides back to stock...
In BC Canada here local Honda wanted $85+tax for oem air filter, i just about blew a gasket when i heard this.
So if someone has a decent oem filter they dont need and will give it up cheap i will post my results between stock and KN for everyone to add to the pile of feedback already here. Seems like the biggest divided question/opinion ever, can you really tune properly with KN. I need to prove the differences to myself, but going with stock Ill at least i know its not one more problem added to the equation...
Ill be posting my carb changes/settings when i lean out and set tps shortly before i switch filters.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Squid

kelowna1971 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kelowna1971
I have a KN, jardine full system, dynojet kit all from unkown po.
My fuel milage is abysmal. 60 miles tank sometimes and not much better when i try ans baby the throttle. Takes alot of joy out of riding with gas prices so high.
Im thinking that starting the carb retune with a stock filter will be much better for milage, and overall ease of tuning.
And try and get stock needles/springs. Plug holes in slides back to stock...
In BC Canada here local Honda wanted $85+tax for oem air filter, i just about blew a gasket when i heard this.
So if someone has a decent oem filter they dont need and will give it up cheap i will post my results between stock and KN for everyone to add to the pile of feedback already here. Seems like the biggest divided question/opinion ever, can you really tune properly with KN. I need to prove the differences to myself, but going with stock Ill at least i know its not one more problem added to the equation...
Ill be posting my carb changes/settings when i lean out and set tps shortly before i switch filters.
Bump.
Im getting some dyno time next week, so ill see where im at with my current setup. And ill get the o2 graphed out also.