Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB front end for 99 VTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 10:26 PM
Squid

moto406 is on a distinguished road
WTB front end for 99 VTR

Hello all I just acquired a 99 VTR1000 with front end damage. Looking for forks, triple clamps and wheel. I have worked in shops for 45 years and now am enjoying putting together some bikes just for myself to ride. 59602 is my middle of nowhere montana address.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:21 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
You don't see signs with those numbers every day!
Old 08-21-2022, 04:31 PM
Squid

It's the kind of road even my old goldwing is fun on. It cuts across from montana thru idaho.....A day ride from where I live. Can't wait to get my VTR together.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:30 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Wow that looks amazing. I live in Florida lol. I'm pretty sure I have an extra front end in a box up on a shelf in the garage. Not sure about the front wheel though. Let me check this afternoon and I'll let you know. Welcome aboard!
Old 08-22-2022, 09:47 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yes I have a complete front end (triples, forks, axle). It's marked "'03" so it's gold forks and black triples (if you care). Not sure if I still have a spare front wheel but I'll double check another shelf. I did but I think I may have used it or sold it. I also have another earlier/silver set of triples as well (amongst some other parts). You know when you get both older/more forgetful and to the point you've done so many projects you don't even know what you have on the shelf or how/why exactly you acquired it lol. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my email (I'll see it sooner) and I can pull everything out and take pics for you. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:44 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Anyhow this is what I have brother. I pulled this down to take a few quick picks for you. Haven't even cleaned anything yet. It's a pretty nice setup I was saving to eventually have rebuilt to swap onto my own bike. Didn't have these for sale but work is slow, my credit card is on fire and I can always use some extra space in the garage so just let me know... Have some other spare parts as well (rearsets, clip ons, several front fenders, etc) so just let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:24 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Anyhow this is what I have brother. I pulled this down to take a few quick picks for you. Haven't even cleaned anything yet. It's a pretty nice setup I was saving to eventually have rebuilt to swap onto my own bike. Didn't have these for sale but work is slow, my credit card is on fire and I can always use some extra space in the garage so just let me know... Have some other spare parts as well (rearsets, clip ons, several front fenders, etc) so just let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Looks great i will try to figure out the PM. Does the year make a difference as far as fitting. I see different part numbers after 01 but as long as it can be fitted up I am fine. Color isn't a real issue I built a frame sized powdercoat oven at the last shop i worked at. Here is a real fun road to ride. From redlodge montana to cody wyoming, best done early in the morning before the harlys clog it up..
Old 08-26-2022, 03:19 PM
Squid

got parts coming

I have everything coming to hopefully get my
VTR back on the road.