Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Tire changing setup - SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
SOLD - Tire changing setup - SOLD

Hey guys,

I've got a used tire changing setup that I no longer use. My brother owns NoMar, LLC (www.nomartirechanger.com). I have his changer and this one's been gathering dust in the garage. This is the setup from Tireqwik (http://www.tireqwik.com/tireqwik/pricing.html) and includes the bead breaker, balancer, 2 Motion Pro tire levers, and some rubber rim protectors. It's the same $185.00 kit for sale if you look at the above link. I don't have extra weights or the piece of carpet that comes with the kit. Also, I've added rubber feet to the bead breaker, and adjustable feet and a level to the balancer (minor upgrades ). I can provide pics but they are slightly used, no rust, bearings on the balancer still smooth and free spinning. I'm willing to let this go for $75 + shipping from 12074. If you want to change your own tires, this'll pay for itself in one or two tire changes. I'll include some tips and tricks I've learned over the years of changing them myself (this alone is worth the $75, LOL). PM or email if interested.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:03 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
PM sent, oh and first linky no workie.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Thanks. Link fixed. PM recieved. PM in process of being returned.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:36 PM
MotoGP

Well F'd up transmission in my truck will make me have to wait on this, I'll let you know if/when I might be able to do it.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Any idea how big a box and how heavy? This toy might be up my alley. I need to guesstimate shipping though.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scooberhawk
Any idea how big a box and how heavy? This toy might be up my alley. I need to guesstimate shipping though.
Yikes,, from the links provided.. It's about 90 pounds.. and coming from NY 12074, well depending on shipping methiod, could be a large chunk of change. Looks to be a nice tool.. Wish I had the spare cash..
Old 08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
MotoGP

Well I'd hate to give this up but....I don't think it's the whole changing machine either, I think he's just got the bead breaker, tire irons and balancer. He said shipping to me was only about $28.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator
World Champion

TX,

The first link is my brother's machine. That's NOT for sale. Correction: MY NoMar is not for sale. Feel free to call Steve or Sue if you want to buy a NoMar. The one I have for sale is the Tireqwik setup, the second link. It's like 8-10 lbs at the most.

G
Old 08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
SuperSport

I want tires and a way to change them at the same time! I can't afford the Pirelli deal and this one. I don't know what to do!

Contemplating my options...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:22 PM
SuperSport

Well, Hawkrider, you're probably right that it is too late to get in on the Pirelli deal. So I need to ask about this.

Those tirequik guys skimp on the details. What's the deal with actually taking a tire off and putting one back on with this setup? The one I'm used to using has a ~24" bar with the hook on it and rubber protectors that slip on. Then you lock down the vertical center bar and use it for leverage for pulling the tire over the rim.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Yeah, that's how the NoMar changer works, but the clamping system and mount/demount bar are better.

The Tireqwik is all manual. The only part that's easy is breaking the bead. The wheel just sits on the floor (I use an old throw carpet) and you lever the tires off by hand. You use the pieces of thick rubber as rim protectors. I changed many tires this way. Never scratched one either. Never bent a rotor but you have to be careful. I used two pieces of 2X4 to set the rim on to keep the rotors off the floor. Broke a sweat a few times, but never broke any fingers or poked myself in the eye. Hey, for $75 whaddya expect?

IMO, the HF is a POS. For $59 + $49 + ~$60 in shipping you get a machine that will scratch the f&%k out of your wheels. At least the Tireqwik won't scratch the rims if you use the rim protectors. With the HF if you use their bar it will scratch rims. If you use levers you now have a $170 POS that just holds the wheel in place. I'll kneel on the ground and hold it down myself, thank you very much.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Deal working on the changer.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Sold!