Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Ohlins Fork Valving Special!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:30 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Ohlins Fork Valving Special!!!

This is a limited time offer, so hopefully it will help out some folks who are interested in revalving their forks.

Ohlins valving, including both compression and rebound valves = $300 installed
Sonic Springs = $85 installed

That's approximately $500 worth of valving (parts alone) for $385 installed including new fluid and everything setup for you weight. I think this is only going to last for about a month unless I can squeeze this pricing out longer.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn shame my money is tied up right now.

does this include guys who have swapped frontends or just stock forks?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Since you clearly have experience with both Ohlins and Racetech how about the pro's and con's on each. Although at that price it would be hard to argue against the Ohlin's.

Also would that price be available for say 96-97 900CBRR forks? Just saw Hawkster beat me to this question.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
This is a limited time offer, so hopefully it will help out some folks who are interested in revalving their forks.

Ohlins valving, including both compression and rebound valves = $300 installed
Sonic Springs = $85 installed

That's approximately $500 worth of valving (parts alone) for $385 installed including new fluid and everything setup for you weight. I think this is only going to last for about a month unless I can squeeze this pricing out longer.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
What is the add for new wipers (dust seals), oil seals and bushings?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by hawxter996
damn shame my money is tied up right now.

does this include guys who have swapped frontends or just stock forks?

This includes almost all Showa forks. The GSXR and CBR929/954 swap guys are included!

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
Since you clearly have experience with both Ohlins and Racetech how about the pro's and con's on each. Although at that price it would be hard to argue against the Ohlin's.

Also would that price be available for say 96-97 900CBRR forks? Just saw Hawkster beat me to this question.

Sure, the 900RR would be the same price. The Ohlins parts are actually pretty similar to the RaceTech ones. I think the setup is more important than which valves you are using.

Originally Posted by skokievtr
What is the add for new wipers (dust seals), oil seals and bushings?
Add ~$65-70 for those parts. Normally for rebuilds I tack on a 'labor' charge as well, but if you are doing all at once I would not charge any extra.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:23 AM
SuperBike

Just a reminder: this deal will probably expire sometime around the middle/end of August. I'd like to extend it further, but for now that's the word I'm getting.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Jamie,

How much for the parts by themselves, I may want to buy now install later! I'm sort of accumulatings things fro a winter rebuils.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
Jamie,

How much for the parts by themselves, I may want to buy now install later! I'm sort of accumulatings things fro a winter rebuils.

That is for the parts themselves. I'm doing the installation for free in an effort to try and leverage more volume to get better pricing in the future. If you are really serious let me know and I'll see if I can get an extra set to throw on the shelf for you.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
Hey Jamie,
What would the turnaround time be, and do you have to order parts in advance to have them ready for my forks? I'm in the Chicago area about three hours away, and really want to get this done. I could probably ride to you or bring the fork legs off the bike if the weather was crap. I evev have some weekdays and weekend days off, so we could probably find a time.

John
Old 07-20-2009, 09:41 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by johndb
Hey Jamie,
What would the turnaround time be, and do you have to order parts in advance to have them ready for my forks? I'm in the Chicago area about three hours away, and really want to get this done. I could probably ride to you or bring the fork legs off the bike if the weather was crap. I evev have some weekdays and weekend days off, so we could probably find a time.

John

Depending on my workload I might not have any on hand. You should figure on a couple of days lead time just to be safe. Shoot me an e-mail and we can work out the details. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
Thanks Jamie. I'll email you or give you a call to get a plan together.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Squid
Squid

dpg23 is on a distinguished road
ohilns offer!

Jamie, Hi,
I have an "98" 1000F w/ a Penske 2 way/ with 95lb springs in front, set up by Lindemann for 175lbs. total rider weight. While the springs were a big step, I would like more...in the way of compression and rebound in the front! The Penske is way good... the front really seems to suffer on the compsession? Inatiale hits like big pavement brakes...are not good / very harsh. Not a problem @ Sears Point! Any thoughts? Buy the way ...I am just starting to learn about settings and what to do with them. All good stuff!
Thanks, Daryl
Old 07-25-2009, 10:05 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by dpg23
Jamie, Hi,
I have an "98" 1000F w/ a Penske 2 way/ with 95lb springs in front, set up by Lindemann for 175lbs. total rider weight. While the springs were a big step, I would like more...in the way of compression and rebound in the front! The Penske is way good... the front really seems to suffer on the compsession? Inatiale hits like big pavement brakes...are not good / very harsh. Not a problem @ Sears Point! Any thoughts? Buy the way ...I am just starting to learn about settings and what to do with them. All good stuff!
Thanks, Daryl
Yeah, I'd say you probably need some valving work. I'm kind of surprised that Lindy didn't setup the valving for you as well. As you mention, on the street it's the compression that makes 80% of the difference. The rebound valves are nice and really round out the package as a whole.

There are lots of options, shoot me a PM and I can go over them in more detail for you.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Superstock

thefauxnarchist is on a distinguished road
thats a freaking spectacular deal dude. i want to do my 2 sets of rc51 forks and possibly my superhawk forks, but thats just dreaming right now