Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

LTB - Digital Speedo/Tacho Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
LTB - Digital Speedo/Tacho Gauge

Hey Fellas,
Because I'm a fashion *****, I've decided to go with the digital cluster gauge. Anyone have one they wanna sell?

KG
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You're also going to need to replace the entire wiring harness for the bike. And you'll need to install a new sending unit in the gas tank.

I'm with you, I love the clock, digital readouts and gas gauge. The fact that the bike has to be so completely disassebled was where the project stalled.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
*Warning* ...you'll hate the speedo....
Old 04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Why do you say that Inde? Is it hard to read?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
You're also going to need to replace the entire wiring harness for the bike. And you'll need to install a new sending unit in the gas tank.

I'm with you, I love the clock, digital readouts and gas gauge. The fact that the bike has to be so completely disassebled was where the project stalled.
****! I just bought a new fuel sending unit for my shawk... I was told it might be bad because the RLOD wasn't coming on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...141610323&rd=1

FWIW, I'm over putting on the digial gauges. I really do want my RLOD to work though... am I screwed with this particular sending unit?

KG
Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Superstock

Verne
You want need the entire wiring harness just the plug that goes in to the back of the cluster. I have done this on mine but found out the '02 cluster I have is screwed up. I'm currently looking for a new one but they are not cheap.

Verne
Old 04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Why do you say that Inde? Is it hard to read?
It's a lot harder to read than the '98-'00 gauges anyways.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:44 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Verne
You want need the entire wiring harness just the plug that goes in to the back of the cluster. I have done this on mine but found out the '02 cluster I have is screwed up. I'm currently looking for a new one but they are not cheap.

Verne
Thread Resurrect!

So Yruyur is working on doing this, and while we know the colors match up, because he is making the connector from scratch, we don't know the pin out on the back of the new cluster..

You wouldn't happen to have pictures from your adventure, or know the pin out of the newer gauges would you?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Back Marker

mdbuehler
Can't you sort it by looking at the shop manual? All the other wiring I've done on the Hawk (going between different bikes and even brands) it was pretty easy to match up the purpose of each on one with the same on the other (all colors are unique too). There's a link to the PDF around the forum somewhere. I did a swap out for Suzuki controls that way no problem, I'd imagine the gauge pin out matching up would be the same (admittedly I cheated with Tweety's diagram when I did my dash )
Old 04-24-2009, 05:41 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mdbuehler
Can't you sort it by looking at the shop manual? All the other wiring I've done on the Hawk (going between different bikes and even brands) it was pretty easy to match up the purpose of each on one with the same on the other (all colors are unique too). There's a link to the PDF around the forum somewhere. I did a swap out for Suzuki controls that way no problem, I'd imagine the gauge pin out matching up would be the same (admittedly I cheated with Tweety's diagram when I did my dash )
Unfortunately you cant. The manual only shows wire colors but not the pinouts and we do not have an 01+ wiring harness to compare. Here is the thread where we are working on this. So far we have a all but 5 of the pins figured out. I have a 10 dollar reward for those last 5 via photograph.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=18240