Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Graphite wheels for sale $150 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:17 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Probably blue, black and graphite colored ones!
no most of them were red, infact almost all of them were. and al lthe green bikes seemed to crash, we had 2 green kawis go down at the same time at opposite ends of the track, lol
Old 09-26-2010, 06:44 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
one more i pulled off a video

i wanna see that video! I got the popcorn and beer ready. Where is it............... And i want an autograph before you get drafted into MotoGP.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
SuperBike

lol, well lets see if this works. second session of the day i was getting held up by alot of guys but you get to watch me pass and even lap my buddy

video is in 2 parts as youtube wouldnt let me load it in one shot it was too long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRA9UPYOjGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWIjkztMZI
Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 PM
MotoGP

good job uchi! looks like a lot of fun. A little criticism though: don't brag about lapping you buddy, someone might misconstue this(hahaha); and also you didn't mention that your buddy's only been riding for 2 weeks and has a 1962 100cc Hodaka.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
SuperBike

Thanks nath. And he's been riding for a long time and rides a zx 12. Hes probablygonna see this. Hi bill :-)
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Hells yeah uchi! Damn I need to get back out to the track..
Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 AM
SuperBike

thanks andre, but im not that fast, we had some really fast guys in the group we ride with that came down, one guy on a 1k gixxer blew past me on one wheel on a straight lol. and anytime you see me slow down its because im behind someone who is slowing me down. i wish i had the cam facing forward when the with with the srad passed me and almost took out the bike that was slowing me down. actually i have a pic i need to post right now
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 AM
SuperBike

here we go, turn 11 and 12 have a short straight between them but ive learned to hit them both without straightening up too much, this was still early in the day before confidence grew in my tires, i wish i had my last session on tape i went out and gave it hard. oh well, this is just a cool shot as i was about to dive into the last turn

Name:  61493_471847928622_512893622_6844593_447408_n.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  55.5 KB
Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
heres one shot just befor ei got bumped to intermediate. its a shot of just me but im running down a bike in the last turn and hes slowing me down so i couldnt even get a good lean angle, but you get to see the reflection in the visor of the track and of course the bike in fast yellow

ill post more when they get posted and ill make a new post with them, just posting this here for you noob
Are you running a 520 conversion?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
SuperBike

Yes I am. Did evr3 x ring chain with afam sprockets
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
MotoGP

i think we of the Unofficial SH Forum need to start a contingency fund and sponsor you in FIM. I'll start it by throwing in a couple old sprockets and my smog kit if you can just pay the the shipping.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
SuperBike

Lol. I wanna to up 1 more tooth out back so I'm always looking for a bigger 520 rear sprocket :-)
Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I'll have to try and watch the video again. The sound quality is rather poor so it is hard to tell when you are getting on the throttle. The first part I watched sounded like you were waiting until the bike was completely upright before you gave it the beans...... but i could be wrong.

The body position looks much better and that would be the reason you didn't drag a knee IMHO.

Forget about the gearing for a bit and the next step is learning to get on the throttle at the apex, while the bike is still leaned over. You'll get much better drive out of the corners this way.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
SuperBike

i was getting on the throttle about 3/4 of the way through the corner, it was cold out so i didnt want to risk having the back tire breaking traction especially with the last turn ended in a wall. the sound quality on the go pros is crap, theres a waterproof gasket in there that muffles it and if you pull it out all you hear is wind noise. but yeah id start rolling on the throttle in the corner and then get on it heavy once i was up right. now keep in mind that was my second session of the day, by the end of the day i was pushing the pace alot harder and was coming into corners at 7000+ rpm and coming out of them with the motor screaming. i actually found i was getting alot faster by seeing where id have to change gears. on the back straight before i could use third where as this time out i had to shift to forth , same with the section with the chicane, i was able to stay in second for it early on but as the day went on i needed third gear and got to ride it out a bit aswell. so that really was the best way i was able to tell how my progress was doing, and also later on i was pushing my shoulders off alot more and even had to back out a couple times because the bike dived hard and i almost took it off the damn turtles, lol. all in good time, shame the season is over for me, my clutch is toast you can hear it slipping on the big straight and itll be just some mild street riding from here on till the snow falls.

next year though you can expect some good footage with a fresh clutch and me on slicks, im picking up my warmers tonite and a geni when i see them go on sale over the winter, should be great, lets just hope im not over confident in the bike lol, oh and gonna have my fork fixed for the new year so that i can turn my damping down more than a half turn and get the pre load cranked down aswell and i almost forgot ive got a shock with a 2 up spring coming my way hopefully soon, so the new year is looking promising
Old 09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
SuperBike

you know what the other problem is, my seat is raised an inch or so and its making me sit up so damn high on the bike its making it harder for me to touch down i think