Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

APE CCTs on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
APE CCTs on ebay

I'm not the seller, just lookin out. Buy it now is $44.

Ebay item #300060273583
Old 12-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Squid

barkmagnet is on a distinguished road
It figures, I just paid 110.00 two months ago from Ape
But I did get free stickers
Old 12-16-2006, 06:08 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
The 44$ ones that I got off ebay came with stickers too. LOL
Old 12-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Superstock

Verne
Thanks Hawkrider.

Scored some earlier thanks to you.

Verne
Old 12-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Ape's

I'm going to check this out..I feeling like a seasoned Hawk guy today..Got the carbs off..shimmed the needles to go with bafflectomy..going to check out the TPS..while carbs off...looks like the right time to do the CCT's. Man what a bunch of crap around those carbs...yikes...mouse had messed up the inside the box a bit...fixed that...going to replace filter..little beggar had nibbled on ruuber and plastic..only self inflicted wound..broke the screw in housing on one of the enrichners..pretty fragile plastic..Thanks for the head's up on the Ape's I'll see if they are still there...

Dave...we had a blizzard today...great to be in heated shop..
Old 12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Back Marker

Ape's

I have e-mailed the guy to see if he has them for the VTR along with gaskets. Also checked Ape's site...Ebay..$44..Ape $51.95..is the ebay price for two or one??? Can someone clue me in on that..

Dave:-D
Old 12-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
That price is each.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Dave,

Whenever in doubt, use this forum. There is a wealth of information on here. You just have to use the search feature.

Check out the 4th post down: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ht=choke+cable
Old 12-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

Apes

Hi Greg;

Actually I knew they were fragile, had the back one off easy..I actually broke it by tugging on the cable as I was moving so I could put a wrench on it.. Putting the carbs back together was a little tricky...I put a socket in so the slide wouldn't go to the bottom..shoved the spring into the top cover and then positioned it..went quite good..till I figured that out..I was thinking of all the ways they make us pay for dropping the A Bombs...Kidding.. That's probably on here too. Like I said I'm going to do the APE's, TPS, etc. before I put the carbs back on...I did not realize you replace the whole piece when you change filters..good grief...I thought it would just be a paper element... How much for the filter..shudder.. What's the best place to get OEM parts like the enricher cables and filter??

Dave:-D
Old 12-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Aw damn, that sucks!! Sorry about that.

Yeah, the same post I wrote, "To make assembly easier, compress the spring into the hole in the cap, and then slip the slide assembly over where the spring is. Install the 3 parts together on the carb. Diapragm should be concave down. Careful not to pinch the diaphragm."

As for the filter, I've had a lot of luck with Service Honda:
http://www.servicehonda.com/parts.html Click on "Interactive Pricing Page". Part number for the air filter on your '00 is 17210-MBB-000.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
$25.00 shipping kills the deal for me
Old 12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Administrator
World Champion

On what, the APEs or the filter?
Old 12-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Back Marker

"Choke" cable

Hi Greg;

Any ideas about getting the "enrichening circuit" cables? Checked out the micro-fiche..hard to tell what part a person would get..Anybody out there got a spare off a parts bike??? I'm still waiting to see if that vendor on E-Bay has the Ape's for my bike.. My wife yelled this morning.."You have a message about your ape-hangers"..What do you think guys a new look for the Hawk..might start a trend.. I can see Captain Chaos into it..he he

Take Care
Dave
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
On what, the APEs or the filter?
for the ape

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300060273583
Old 12-17-2006, 09:06 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
This **** on Ebay kills me too! The recent caliper deal out of the woods up by you Lou was my latest rub with it. The ********* charged me $50 to get the equipment south of the border and the frikkin' box arrives with a $12.60 stamp on it. Bullshit!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nuhawk
This **** on Ebay kills me too! The recent caliper deal out of the woods up by you Lou was my latest rub with it. The ********* charged me $50 to get the equipment south of the border and the frikkin' box arrives with a $12.60 stamp on it. Bullshit!!!
Yeah, It goes to show that it's better to deal with forums like this where rep does mean something.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Administrator
World Champion

I think the guy just doesn't want to ship overseas. In the lower 48 he's shipping for $5.85 flat rate.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Back Marker

Apes

Just in case anyone is interested. The guy does have them for the VTR along with needed Gaskets..ready to ship if anyone needs them.. I'm not sure what I'm going to do..I'm going to replace...Christmas is stretching the old budget..Bet my wife would like a couple of these beautifully gift wrapped..hhmmmm..

Take Care
Dave
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
that does suck, and it gives good sellers a bad rap sometimes...I know that I charge more for usps priority, it is $4.05 for 1lb anywhere in the US, but I usually charge $8.00 or course I have to take into account, the new boxes I use to ship in (what they cost and the cost for them to be shipped to me) then the tape (yes I account for everything) the bubble wrap, the labels, the ink to print the labels, and then my time and gas to take them to the UPS store for drop off...all thinks considered I think it is a fair amount to charge, and I have never had a complaint....

Then there are those asshats that charge $50 and then it cost them a third of that to do the job....Read there feedback, and better yet, slam them for it....
Old 12-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I think the guy just doesn't want to ship overseas. In the lower 48 he's shipping for $5.85 flat rate.
I do the same thing, all of my auctions state I will only ship to the US, but I get flooded with e-mails wanting me to ship outside, to them I respond with some crazy amount, then again it is a pain to ship outside....as for the amount he is charging it doesn't seem like a lot to me....USPS Global Express Mail is not cheap depending on the destination, and then $2 additional item shows that it can be sent in same package, so I think that is inline...imo....