Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

99 Super Hawk FS/ Original owner 4ooo miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Squid

4ifreak is on a distinguished road
99 Super Hawk FS/ Original owner 4ooo miles ***Pics Added***

Jardine High mount rt1 exhaust, stage one jet kit, 4 deg timing advance kit, high flow air filter, includes factory exhaust as well.

This bike is absolutely in show room condition and has never been stored out doors, ridden in the rain, dumped,tipped, scratched, or had any paint work ever done on it. All the upgrades done by selling dealer after 1200 mile break in was performed. This bike was bought as a hold over in 03. Also the first service was performed at the time of exhaust and everything checked out great.

This is a real nice bike and i know its over kbb price but also that price reflects on average 36k for the year of the bike and also doesn't figure any of the aftermarket upgrades. I don't know of a better 1000 for the price anywhere, i'm away from the bike while listing so i'll take some pic and post them with interest or asap. Looking to sell this bike for 5300/reasonable offer. The bike is black with the red super hawk lettering, also the exhaust is black with crome pipes and also has red lettering, if a person didn't know better you could be convinced this is factory exhaust. Thanks Shane

http://s585.photobucket.com/home/bigdawgfrommn
Attached Thumbnails 99 Super Hawk FS/ Original owner 4ooo miles-p1010022.jpg   99 Super Hawk FS/ Original owner 4ooo miles-p1010023.jpg   99 Super Hawk FS/ Original owner 4ooo miles-p1010024.jpg  

Last edited by 4ifreak; 03-08-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Squid

pics added.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
Good luck with the price. Nice bike but about 1500 too much
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Squid

Thanks, I knew people would think wow that seems too high but look at how much brand new 1000's cost, and not only that look at what you loose in value the first year you own them, and not only that look at what a person spends on the add on's no one needs but always seem to have, that's where i don't think i'm out of line at all.
I hope it doesn't sound like i'm being a dick that's just my opinion on the subject. Thanks however for the input and the bump.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Nose Picker
Back Marker

996SSVTR is on a distinguished road
Can I just put out there... when I see someone who has only 4 post and that their join date is 3/10 that they only have interest in selling their bike on here! I hope that this is not the case, but in my time on here I have seen it a few times. Also we all have a SH and someone may want to buy it, but I belive there is a better market place.

OK Im Done!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4ifreak
Thanks, I knew people would think wow that seems too high but look at how much brand new 1000's cost, and not only that look at what you loose in value the first year you own them, and not only that look at what a person spends on the add on's no one needs but always seem to have, that's where i don't think i'm out of line at all.
I hope it doesn't sound like i'm being a dick that's just my opinion on the subject. Thanks however for the input and the bump.
You'll see.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Sure is nice. I love that year and color combo, and it sure is a find for someone. Not to beat a dead horse but my 2 cents thinks you'll unfortunately (not that I don't think it SHOULD be worth more) have a hard time getting over @ $3500 for it. In the end aftermarket add ons help sell a bike, but don't raise it's value. If you're thinking of it that way you're better off putting it back to stock and selling the extras separately-you'll end up ahead. But best of luck it's a really sweet bike.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Squid

Yeah i just did sign up a couple days ago, never ever knew there was a cool website dedicated to these (in my eyes cool, somewhat unusual sportbike), I live in a city of 55,000 people and have only seen one in the past 7 years. However after seeing that a 99 cbr f4 with 20,000 miles brings the same amount of money (as to what everyone says its worth) has me absolutely baffled. Again this is my first time on this website and you with many more post should be more in tune with what's going on. So Yeah you're right i'm on here now to sell my bike, however had never really researched my bike a ton until now because it's always ran great and personally don't spend a ton of time on the computer like some of those internet warriors out there. If i end up giving the bike away which i won't, you'll see me on here from time to time looking up posts giving my cent and a half worth and maybe looking for some people to ride with in my area. Thats the biggest reason for selling, none of my friends have had bikes for the last 4 years and i just don't care to ride alone. Thanks Shane
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Squid

Smile

Originally Posted by 996SSVTR
Can I just put out there... when I see someone who has only 4 post and that their join date is 3/10 that they only have interest in selling their bike on here! I hope that this is not the case, but in my time on here I have seen it a few times. Also we all have a SH and someone may want to buy it, but I belive there is a better market place.

OK Im Done!

#8 4ifreak
Squid

Yeah i just did sign up a couple days ago, never ever knew there was a cool website dedicated to these (in my eyes cool, somewhat unusual sportbike), I live in a city of 55,000 people and have only seen one in the past 7 years. However after seeing that a 99 cbr f4 with 20,000 miles brings the same amount of money (as to what everyone says its worth) has me absolutely baffled. Again this is my first time on this website and you with many more post should be more in tune with what's going on. So Yeah you're right i'm on here now to sell my bike, however had never really researched my bike a ton until now because it's always ran great and personally don't spend a ton of time on the computer like some of those internet warriors out there. If i end up giving the bike away which i won't, you'll see me on here from time to time looking up posts giving my cent and a half worth and maybe looking for some people to ride with in my area. Thats the biggest reason for selling, none of my friends have had bikes for the last 4 years and i just don't care to ride alone. Thanks Shane

Sorry for double post still getting used to this website, i think this makes 6 posts now!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Squid

Smile

Originally Posted by 996SSVTR

OK Im Done!

#8 4ifreak
Squid

Sorry for double post still getting used to this website, i think this makes 6 posts now!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Sure is nice. I love that year and color combo, and it sure is a find for someone. Not to beat a dead horse but my 2 cents thinks you'll unfortunately (not that I don't think it SHOULD be worth more) have a hard time getting over @ $3500 for it. In the end aftermarket add ons help sell a bike, but don't raise it's value. If you're thinking of it that way you're better off putting it back to stock and selling the extras separately-you'll end up ahead. But best of luck it's a really sweet bike.
Thanks for you input, I have no plan on doing this to mine but couldn't you do better parting these bikes out if they just aren't worth anything? Again i haven't done any research of any kind and people may want to slap me for asking such a stupid question.
Thanks for the compliment on the bike, it is really nice much nicer than the pics even show, seriously looks just as good as in the spring of 03 when i bought it! Maybe if i had dropped it i wouldn't feel so bad about having to sell it for 3500, that might be a good idea.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:03 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
nice bike
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Squid

hurdsmyth is on a distinguished road
I certainly sympathize with your dilema. My 02' Duc Monster 750 fell off the kickstand(twice) with 20k mileage and I still got $2900 for it. However I was glad to purchase a greatly under valued Superhawk which is much nicer bike. It's a depreciating asset, just ride the hell out of it and you'll get your money's worth.
You've got a great looking bike, you should enter in Hawk of the month.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Katryder
Back Marker

katryder1@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Did you have to remove the chin spoiler to accommodate the exhaust?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by hurdsmyth
I certainly sympathize with your dilema. My 02' Duc Monster 750 fell off the kickstand(twice) with 20k mileage and I still got $2900 for it. However I was glad to purchase a greatly under valued Superhawk which is much nicer bike. It's a depreciating asset, just ride the hell out of it and you'll get your money's worth.
You've got a great looking bike, you should enter in Hawk of the month.
I really appreciate all the imput from everyone. You make a very valid point about rinding, now instead of trying to find someone who wants to buy it, i'd best be looking for a group of riders that likes to go out weekly or when ever possible. As far as hawk of the month i'm pretty proud but i've seen a couple other bikes on here that make me think wow never even thought of that upgrade. but what the heck i'll check into how to register.

quick question on the single exhausted hawks, does it affect flow or hp and what do they sound like. When i cover one of my pipes is sounds kinda funny, but i kinda like the look change however.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by katryder1@gmail.com
Did you have to remove the chin spoiler to accommodate the exhaust?
No actually removed it the first time for some reason when changing the oil, stood back and looked at it and preferred the look with it off instead. It i think would look much nicer if i paint matched it however.

I know it would never in a million years happen but have thought about hitting something while riding or throwing i stone into the filter with the tire causing an oil leak while riding, hope i didn't just jinx myself!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Squid

price lowered 5000
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Destructive Tester
Superstock

bjorn toulouse is on a distinguished road
Where are you located?

Rex
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Squid

NH-Archer is on a distinguished road
Nice bike.... I'm looking for one. I have a thread going about advice on buying an 02 with 3K miles for $3500, one owner. I'm being told it's priced too high!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Squid

Tscrappy is on a distinguished road
I don't care how mint or how many after-market trinkets you got on that thing. It's worth 3K max. It is pretty the way it is, but 5K is way to much.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by bjorn toulouse
Where are you located?

Rex

Mankato Minnesota
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by NH-Archer
Nice bike.... I'm looking for one. I have a thread going about advice on buying an 02 with 3K miles for $3500, one owner. I'm being told it's priced too high!!!
Yeah i've heard that before and that my bike is only worth 3k from some guys here on the board, and it's funny when locally there are 97 f3's with 20k selling for 3000-3300, IMO most the people on this forum don't value their bikes correctly. Look at what it would cost for you to go out and buy a brand new 1000cc and look at what everyone says everyone else's mint bikes are worth. Just my two cents, but good luck with your purchase, i really love my bike and hope you can find a nice one. shane
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Squid

midwest22 is on a distinguished road
Who cares if he just signed up to sell his bike? Is it not a Superhawk? I just signed up to BUY a bike and its much easier to go to a location (aka market) and buy one than scour the internet.

But I agree with everyone, its a bit pricey compared to what Ive seen. Plus its a '99 with the smaller gas tank and no LCD display on the dash (which are important for me

---
OK, so I didnt JUST sign up but I haven't contributed. I hope that doesnt preclude me from purchasing one
Old 06-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tscrappy
I don't care how mint or how many after-market trinkets you got on that thing. It's worth 3K max. It is pretty the way it is, but 5K is way to much.

your right....how about you just give me 2500 for if and we'll call it good. I could even assist with delivery or shipment.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
...IMO most the people on this forum don't value their bikes correctly...
It doesn't matter what you can or can't spend for a 1000cc sport bike, these things are worth whatever the market will bear/whatever someone will pay, and at this point in time it's right around the $3k mark.

You'd be better off putting the stock exhaust back on (since you still have it) and selling the Jardine's separate. As for the other "aftermarket upgrades"; almost every other Superhawk has them, and they really don't add anything to the bikes resale value.

Last edited by Syclone; 06-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Pew Pew...lasers
Superstock

taskmasta is on a distinguished road
I got my 01 hawk in near mint condition with 3800 miles with all the same mods, plus a sargent seat, superbrace, magical racing lower, and all the stock parts for $3500. And that was 2 years ago.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Squid

youngdrew47 is on a distinguished road
price lowered 5000

Keep going
Old 06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Squid

redmanmbz is on a distinguished road
I purchased a 98 off of this website for $1800 this winter. Had a few upgrades, PO just wanted to get it out of his garage. Most people need to ride a SH to understand the value of it. I did lots of research on numerous bikes before I got my SH and am very pleased with it, just purchased a Corbin seat for it. I wish you Good luck on getting your asking price. Just for the record, there is 1994 CBR1000, with 10,000 miles on it, owner is asking $4200!