Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

99 SH for parts or

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 03:07 AM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
99 SH for parts or

Up for sale, '99 SuperHawk. Due to health issues, I can not ride it anymore. I've kept it for several years in hopes I eventually could after having 3 back surgeries, but the reality is I just can't and never will. Bike has not run for several years and will need carbs cleaned. Only issue it had when parked was 2nd gear would jump into neutral. Has salvage title due to a knock over while parked and paint was worth more than the bike at the time (used to show it). Replaced mirrors, levers and signals and had inspected. Rode it for several thousand miles after that. Started to tear intake apart to clean and get running before selling, but my back issues cause too much pain to finish it.
Would make a great clean up project to get running again, or someone could make some money off of it by parting it out. I physically can not do it myself, or I would to get more out of it.
Buyer pays shipping or I can meet 1/2 way up to 100 miles, does not run as it sits due to intake partially apart and carbs needing cleaned, but ran great when parked. Rear tire had MAYBE 500 miles on it when parked, and has been kept in a controlled environment with no direct sunlight, so no dry rot.
Frame and rims were polished, just need touched up from sitting. APE tensioners, custom exhaust hangers, Jardine RT-1 pipes, a few other things done. Tall touring windshield, I was 6'5" BEFORE surgeries...lol.
Has around 57K on it. The paint is bedliner, and is showing some age from sitting.

$500 FIRM
Located in Southeastern Ohio, near Cambridge.

Message me if interested. A lot of good parts or life left in the bike with minor work, reality is I just can't do it myself anymore. Getting old sucks!!!
Attached Thumbnails 99 SH for parts or-sh5.jpeg   99 SH for parts or-sh4.jpeg   99 SH for parts or-sh3.jpeg  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:38 AM
SuperSport

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
I'll be in Buffalo in June for a week, how far away is that?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:54 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Damn, sorry to read this.
I'll discuss this with my financial advisor and post back if I can pull a trigger.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:33 AM
Back Marker

Would be just over 300 miles away ACE
Old 05-23-2019, 04:41 AM
Back Marker

Ok Wolverine, it's still available as of now. I am probably going to post to craigslist this weekend as well, just thought I would give a few days notice here first. Hate to part with it, but I just can't ride it any more. Got on before I starting tearing intake apart, and while it ran rough, it was good enough that I rode about 10 minutes on it. I could barely walk upright for 2 days after that, so no sense hanging on to it.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:11 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah if you were somewhat local I'd probably drag it home. Nice deal for someone to either fix or part out. I'm sure it'll go fast as long as it's whole and you can at least spin the engine over for someone if not start it. Sorry to hear about your back and all, that sucks. Hope you heal up bud.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:16 AM
Back Marker

Thanks Capt, I am, I just can't hunch over any more for any extended time
Old 05-28-2019, 02:44 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by saxman
Would be just over 300 miles away ACE
If it's not sold by then I'll re route my trip to Buffalo via Ohio and I'll have cash. If I disassemble a bit it will fit right in my van nicely I think.

AV
Old 05-28-2019, 03:25 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
As much as I'd like to, I just can't swing that far right now. It's a good 5 hours (non stop) one way and I just can't free the time.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Wolverine
As much as I'd like to, I just can't swing that far right now. It's a good 5 hours (non stop) one way and I just can't free the time.
No worries, completely understandable wolverine.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:27 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa
If it's not sold by then I'll re route my trip to Buffalo via Ohio and I'll have cash. If I disassemble a bit it will fit right in my van nicely I think.

AV
Any idea what day you would be looking at ACE? I would love to see it get put to good use here, either refurbished or repurposed to guys who could use some parts. What do you think will need disassembled to fit? My nephew might be able to come down and do that for me to save you some time, if you dont need much taken apart.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:08 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by saxman
Any idea what day you would be looking at ACE? I would love to see it get put to good use here, either refurbished or repurposed to guys who could use some parts. What do you think will need disassembled to fit? My nephew might be able to come down and do that for me to save you some time, if you dont need much taken apart.

I'll be up that way the week of June 24th. Likely I'll have to pull the forks and swing arm, I can muscle the rest in with some elbow grease. Thankfully I've been through that operation once or twice. No worries on time though, I can have that bike down to the frame in about 20 minutes if I take my time. PM me your paypal address.

Thanks

AV
Old 06-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa
I'll be up that way the week of June 24th. Likely I'll have to pull the forks and swing arm, I can muscle the rest in with some elbow grease. Thankfully I've been through that operation once or twice. No worries on time though, I can have that bike down to the frame in about 20 minutes if I take my time. PM me your paypal address.

Thanks

AV
I would rather just do cash at sale...if that's ok. I hate taking money before people see an item, just in case it's not what they expect.