General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Possibly for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
Possibly for sale

I have a '99. It has a salvage title, due to being backed into and knocked over. The paint alone I had on it at the time was about $5K, hence they totaled it. Only had to replace mirror, signal and clutch lever.
Long story short, I had back surgery a few years back and kept her around hoping I could ride again. The realization has set in that I cannot. I need to let her go. She has been sitting in a basement ever since. Has 56,345 miles, replaced CCT's with APE. Regulator replaced. My question is, what would be a fair price? Carbs need cleaned, new sprocket/ chain set needed, 2nd gear jumps out (replace?) and has bed liner paint (drunken pissed off decision after repainted and ex ruined second paint right before I was ready to clear coat). So, what would be a fair price to me and the buyer? I know it needs some work. I am wanting to get an AR and a few other things, so will let this go for a fair price. I am located in southeastern Ohio. Can post pics and post in classifieds if it would be worth it, I just don't know what would really be a fair price to ask. Thought about parting out, but don't really have the time or room to do so. Thanks for any help!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear you can't ride it anymore. Probably would be worth your while to at least clean the carbs and get it running if you can. As is, if you have to ask how much you may be disappointed by the answer, sorry. One of my last superhawks was a '99 for $1000 (as advertised on CL), clean title, 20k miles, and all it needed was a battery and carbs cleaned and it ran perfect. Besides that I gave it a good cleaning, it looked great, and that was about it. Not trying to brag as I've heard alot of great deals other folks have got on here, just trying to give you a comparison as it sounds like it would take a fair amount of work and money to get your bike into a similar condition.

Probably not worth it for someone not local to pay for the shipping but list it here anyway and maybe you'll get lucky with someone nearby looking for a project. I'd list it on CL also. They're both free and you have nothing to lose. Good luck.

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-01-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
$1000 to $1500.... Most likely $1000 because of the tranny problem and bedliner coating... The salvage title aspect really kills it...

James
Old 02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons
$1000 to $1500.... Most likely $1000 because of the tranny problem and bedliner coating... The salvage title aspect really kills it...

James
Yeah and that's if it's running and rideable (unfortunately probably less if you sell it as is). Not everyone is all spit and polish and some just want transportation. Again if you're not interested in parting it out I'd recommend at least getting it running.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Back Marker

I was guessing around a grand. It does run, I take it around the block every month or so, but have to run choke at half out. Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. Yes, I wish I could keep it and continue to ride, but that's not the case. Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Back Marker

Here she is as is. Will post soon and see what happens. Thanks again for replies!
Attached Thumbnails Possibly for sale-img_20150201_142236552.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saxman
Here she is as is. Will post soon and see what happens. Thanks again for replies!
Actually, it looks pretty good for a bed liner paint job. Ask $1300 and let 'em beat you down to $1100. Around here, any running and ridable bike is worth $1500. The problem is the salvage title is a huge downer as is the skipping gears and the high mileage.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Back Marker

Yea, she was a beauty before the guy back into her and knocked her over. Due to the paint cost and age, she was totaled. I wish she still had that skin and a clean title on her....but...

Thanks Big_Jim
Attached Thumbnails Possibly for sale-l_c168fc97bb5eaec9ffcdfafb1619c8ef.jpg