Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

97 YZF600R Race Bike $1500 W/spares

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
97 YZF600R Race Bike $1500 W/spares

Decided after my recent track day at barber that I am just smoother and more comfortable on a V-twin platform. I've never been as smooth on and off the throttle as I have been with my VTR, I cant even be as smooth with my ST1100. Already found the right bike that I will hopefully be picking up within the next week so the YZF needs to find a good home.

It preformed flawlessly at barber on 5/18/14 and I had no issues with it whatsoever other than the tires have had a few too many heat cycles in them and are starting to get on the crusty side of life. There is a complete second bike worth of spares excluding bodywork (I'm going to keep the old thrashed bodywork as a momento, I don't think its salvagable anyway which is why I replaced it when I bought the bike) Frame, and suspension. There are extra wheels, sprockets, chains, bars, rearsets, pegs, levers, engine, exhaust, carbs, ecu, wireing harness, cooling system, ect.

However the second engine has an unknown problem in the transmission, the engine was just rebuilt (new crank after the old one cracked, pistons were good, but new rings were installed, bore was excellent) but 1 lap into breaking it in something in the transmission locked up, it is assumed something wasn't assembled properly and its unknown what the issue is as I haven't taken it apart (I also didn't rebuild it or toss it, this was done prior to my ownership) bike runs as long as the clutch is pulled, but even in nutral letting go of the clutch will stall the engine. I'd assume the worst and that it needs a new trans, but you may be lucky. The engine in the bike runs flawlessly and shifts smoothly

Current Goodies on the bike are

* Rearset relocator plates, pegs are an inch higher and farther back than stock

* Ohlins rear Shock with ride height adjustmant, preload, compression, and rebound adjustments. (sprung for a 180lb rider)

* Racetech fork springs and gold valve kit (sprung for 180lb rider) Compression, Rebound, and preload adjustments

* Micron Full Exhaust

* Fiberglass aftermarket bodywork

* Race Gauges with light for fuel, oil, and neutral. Digital temp gauge that reads Celsius or Fahrenheit and large Autometer Tach.

The carbs on the bike are factory but there is a set with a stage 3 jet kit installed. Jetting is not quite right on it and rather than monkey with it I just decided to run the factory set as the bike runs very well on it.

Bike is located in Rome, GA. I would transport a reasonable distance to deliver the bike if you are serious about it. I have a clean and clear title for the bike in my name as well as a tail light and simple headlight, the bike is tagged insured and registered so I can run it down the road once in a while to keep the carbs cleaned out. If you wanted to make it a street bike again it could be done
Attached Thumbnails 97 YZF600R Race Bike 00 W/spares-barber-059.jpg   97 YZF600R Race Bike 00 W/spares-barber-127.jpg   97 YZF600R Race Bike 00 W/spares-002.jpg   97 YZF600R Race Bike 00 W/spares-005.jpg   97 YZF600R Race Bike 00 W/spares-009.jpg