Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Winrider129 aka Partsman

Issue resolved.

Respectfully

E.Marquez

Last edited by E.Marquez; 02-10-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
To Erik,

Thank you for handling this squabble while you were busy with much more important matters in Afghanistan. Your prompt and fair treatment of this issue is appreciated.

To the Members of the Forum,

Gareth paid me for the VFR clip ons and shipping today...a year and a half late. He did not pay the additional $ 50.00 he promised, because he took offense at my describing his actions as deceptive. He said he would "not be bullied for a genuine mistake". After being banned from this forum as windrider129 he rejoined as partsman. I'll stand by my previous description of him, payment or not.

nekkid
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
To Erik,

Thank you for handling this squabble while you were busy with much more important matters in Afghanistan. Your prompt and fair treatment of this issue is appreciated.

To the Members of the Forum,

Gareth paid me for the VFR clip ons and shipping today...a year and a half late. He did not pay the additional $ 50.00 he promised, because he took offense at my describing his actions as deceptive. He said he would "not be bullied for a genuine mistake". After being banned from this forum as windrider129 he rejoined as partsman. I'll stand by my previous description of him, payment or not.

nekkid
One of the things I like about this forum is the camraderie... There are multiple people here that have sent parts on trust, and gotten paid... There are people that have sent parts without asking to be paid... And there are people that will do so again in a heartbeat... Please, lets keep that attitude alive...
Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
after doing business with him he seems to me like someone who means well but has too much going on his life and isn't always able to follow through on his plans.

I eventually got my stuff from him; no hard feelings on my part - he threw in some odds and ends to make amends....I most likely would not order something again unless it was not time sensitive for me.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tweety
One of the things I like about this forum is the camraderie... There are multiple people here that have sent parts on trust, and gotten paid... There are people that have sent parts without asking to be paid... And there are people that will do so again in a heartbeat... Please, lets keep that attitude alive...
Agreed!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
+1 on what Tweety said.

Having said that let me add that I recently bought 900rr forks from Partsman and it was a smooth transaction and he threw in some other related parts.

Now I don't have a dog in this fight but I will continue to use Gareth if he has something I need, and I'm sorry that it's come to this for him.

Last edited by HRCA#1; 02-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Sometimes all it takes is a wakeup call. Hopefully Partsman will live up to his name and avoid any future problems.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Too bad we can't put an icon of some kind next to (in) his avitar to warn people. At the least he should send the parts first.

I do hate when a trust is broken like that. This forum and the racetrack have that for me. You can leave anything out & no one touches it. (Well NH anyway. Jersey can be less so)
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
I've had good dealings with Gareth. Life has a tendancy to throw us all a curve ball some times, and we all make mistakes.

He should have some parts in the mail for me shortly; he got a little held up, but so be it. Its winter here anyways.

Its unfortuante to hear of such instances occurring with other forum members.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:55 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
+1 in aggreeance on what Tweety said.

Having said that let me add -That I have bought all kind of parts from garreth/ Partsman and it was a smooth transaction and he has always been fair, in the transactions.

But I will continue to call Garreth for parts. Reality is difficult, and I believe every situation as two sides..
Beside - He is within driving distance/ so I can find him , and we can look face to face...
I would have gladly intervened, to keep this situation from coming to this.....
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Okay, gentlemen. I'm moving this to the Feedback section. I will leave it open, but it's unstickied. Seems Partsman has mostly decent feedback and sometimes stuff happens. Either way, the issue appears to be resolved and one guy got his money and the other got the parts.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Forum Members

Forum members,
I will no longer be selling, giving away,or loaning anymore parts on this forum. I also wanted to thank you for your support. If I have neglecting getting any parts out that I have given away, please remind me. Please PM me and I will drop them in the mail. I fielded over 70 emails and countless calls over an issue I have had on this forum. Thank you for your responses to the post concerning E.Marquez, and Ray Wong aka (Nekkid).I would also like to thank Greg with his help bringing this issue to a close.
Thank you,
Gareth

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Okay, gentlemen. I'm moving this to the Feedback section. I will leave it open, but it's unstickied. Seems Partsman has mostly decent feedback and sometimes stuff happens. Either way, the issue appears to be resolved and one guy got his money and the other got the parts.