Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

WOW Another CCT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Red face WOW Another CCT Thread

I decided to order some APEs instead of modifying the original CCTs. They got here and I got the bike all prep'd. Tools cleaned and ready, all laid out nice and neat. I went in and re-read all the pertinent posts on CCT replacement, especially the Calitoz thread. Fantastic step-by-step BTW. I take my time, double and triple checking everything as I go. I get everything back together, double checking the fuel tank hoses. Put the key in and fire her up. She runs for about twenty seconds and dies. I pull the tank and make sure that the hose connections are correct and give her another try. No go. WTF? I reverse the vacuum hoses and give it another try. No go. I pull the tank and out of desperation I check the coils and plugs. Everything's right down the middle so I know it's a fuel problem. So I get all the tank hoses hooked up and try again. No go! My wife hears me throwing a tantrum and comes out to see what is wrong. She's about 5'0 and very petite so I have her reach under the tank when I pull it up to make sure nothing came loose. Before she sticks her hands back there she has a quick little peek and looks up and says "that thingy looks like its turned to off". OMG!!!!

All's well now, and the hawk is running great. Not so many rattle noises emanating from the engine!

Thanks to everyone here that has written about CCT replacements. Much more comforting taking on a project like that having a few subject matter experts backing you up!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Congrats! And it's always the simple stuff that gets you.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:02 PM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
check both ends of the hoses. Is the vacuum hose attached to the rear cylinder manifold, or did it pull off? Did you check the photo for hoses in the KB?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by residentg
check both ends of the hoses. Is the vacuum hose attached to the rear cylinder manifold, or did it pull off? Did you check the photo for hoses in the KB?
Yep... I took pictures from start to finish, all was perfect with the exception of one thing. The petcock valve was turned off. Live, and hopefully learn
Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Squid

rich.m is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem and it turned out to be that I had the vacuum hose on the bottom nipple (no hose goes on that nipple) it goes on the small nipple facing you when you are on the left side(drive chain side) of the bike.

have a look it might be your problem