Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Another Carb Thread....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
Another Carb Thread....

Really it's a THANKS for all those who take the time to follow up on what works and what doesn't.

My Bike:
'98Hawk
Full 2 Brothers system
UK carbs
DJ Kit with drilled slides
48/180/185 jet set up
needles on 5th slot &1 .020 washer
FRAM air filter mod

I got the carbs when I was in England and it was a simple job to dump the PAIR crap....so I built my own block off plates and bolted on the carbs. It ran fine at the time with the D&D slip ons I was running but as soon as I went to the full system it ran like crap.
I put a Dyno Jet kit in it and wasn't fully happy with the suttle boggs and pops I'd hear.
I parked the bike for about a year (misplaced my title in a move from SoCal) and just started riding it again. I had a new battery problem. Solved it with a new battery and while I was in cleaning gunk out of the carbs I decided to read some old threads here to solve the bogging issues. The 48 jet, an "O" ring from a kit found at Harbor Freight (kiss my *** Honda Part rip-off ............) and bumping the needles up a notch with a washer cured my case of "the Boggs".

So Thanks to all the folks who take the time and share info on how to get these SH running like they should have out of the factory.

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Superstock

Anto is on a distinguished road
FRAM air filter mod hmm??

More please!