Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

TPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
TPS

I did the TPS adjustment. Like a cruit I didn't take pic or make notes of where all those hoses go under the tank. I finally found the last nipple on the fuel valve behind the front fuel hose, (very hard to see and I didn't make any notes).
I took the bike out for a test today and the difference is obvious. Runs better, idles better and pulls cleanly from dead stop. I can now idle in 1st gear without lurching and hiccuping. Much better. I got the unit to 503 ohms after locking it down. Drilling out the screws holding that unit down looks like a challenge because of how tight it is in there. So I used a file to make a groove and then used a standard screw driver to remove the screws; they were in finger tight. Now that I now what I'm doing a bit better, getting under the tank will be a lot easier and the other mods will be easier I think. Thanks for the instructions, well written.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by jansgry
Sounds cool. By the way for what problem You adjusted the TPS? Its just a general improvement step or You wished to get rid of problem.SPAM REMOVED
I did the TPS adjustment for both reasons.
1. The bike didn't ride well at low speeds, 1st and 2nd gear. It would shudder, lurch, hiccup and buck. It needed to be at higher rpms to be smooth.

2. the adjustment also makes the bike idle and run smoother. It accelerates much better/smoother.

Overall, the bike runs better and has even, smooth pull through the gears and I discovered that shifting became smoother, too.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 09-13-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Squid

99superhawk_Dom is on a distinguished road
Where is the tps located at? My sh is having the same issues.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Squid

So where is the throttle positioning sensor and how do yoi adjusting ot?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 99superhawk_Dom
I could have sworn that the name of this thread was TPS, and it is in the technical discussion section. I did search and found this thread. All of my previous questions have been answered, and the answers have help me greatly. If you didn't want to help why did you post a responce at all?

It is a discussion, but you’re not discussing. Your asking a question about what it is we are discussing.. Something that is common and has been covered at great length in the forums, and even freely available in the factory service manual that can be found on this site.

The point is, in general the forum membership here perceives those unwilling to do even an initial attempt at educating them self’s by way of using available resources to provide self help, a bit anti community. Thats sometimes a bad assumption on our part….

So with that said, if you would have a look in the Knowledge Base forum you’ll find a link to the service manual… download it .

Then turn to the Ignition System Section. page 17-8

You can also use the FREE search function on this forum to find much information on this topic.. You can look though the knowledge base forum and find many posts on TPS.
You’ll notice a theme.. Users putting in some self help and research before asking others to spoon feed them.

With luck you’ll not take that personally or offensively.. as it’s not intended as so.

Bottom line, you’ll find folks here greatly helpful if you take a few minutes of your time to see if you can educate yourself at least somewhat on the topic being discussed, or relative to the follow up questions you have.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 09-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by 99superhawk_Dom
I could have sworn that the name of this thread was TPS, and it is in the technical discussion section. I did search and found this thread. All of my previous questions have been answered, and the answers have help me greatly. If you didn't want to help why did you post a responce at all?
I am not being rude. I did the search when I came here, too. The Knowledge Base forum has a lot of very useful information. You will find in depth write ups. Read up on the TPS adjustment and I'll be happy to discuss it with you at length! I am really not good at writing technical procedure.

Last edited by twist; 09-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Squid

i did a search on this site for tps and didn't get any relevant threads. I know there is a service manual in the kbase and have it download on my computer at home but it's in pdf format and unfortunately my phone doesn't open pdf files, and as i was at work i couldn't look it up in the maual so i asked. I guess i should have said that in the post.

How ever i did do a search on my computer after i got home from work and did find a thread with step by step instructions.

Im not taking it personally. I just didn't expect an answer like that since everyone on here has been extremely helpfull.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by 99superhawk_Dom; 09-13-2012 at 11:21 AM.