Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Throttlemeister or Vista/NEP throttle lock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Throttlemeister or Vista/NEP throttle lock?

Ok, so I know they're not really cruise controls, and not really throttle locks...

I'm considering the throttlemeister, but have seen a few people report it was awkward to use. I think the NEP looks tacky, but the functionality seems hard to beat.

The price difference isn't an issue; I figure this is one of those mods where your only regret is not doing it sooner. I want to rest my throttle hand more on these 3-4 hour rides.

Does anyone on here have experience with both? I've seen plenty of people criticising **** they've never used, which really doesn't help but confuse the issue.

Also I wonder if someone might steal the throttlemeister, if all it takes is a phillips screwdriver.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Try the NEP and don't worry about looks. I've run an NEP for maybe 15+ years and love it. Also look at also using a Cramp Buster.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Crampbuster looks like it would just get in the way when not used.

Cheapest price I've found on the throttlemeister is $108.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
+1 Skok on the NEP!

I picked up an NEP for $20 at a local shop and works great! I did have to mod my grip a little by shaving down the rubber around the edges to get a good fit, but otherwise I'd recommend it and doesn't get in the way...RC

Last edited by FL02SupaHawk996; 09-23-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added something
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Also I wonder if someone might steal the throttlemeister, if all it takes is a phillips screwdriver.
unless someone knows of throttlemeister very well, it's tough to recognize them as anything other than a barend...they blend in very well and does a great job

I've used the regular style throttle locks on other bikes and definitely like this option better.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
I have the NEP and the crampbuster. Crampbuster is not easy to use and only really works in one position for gas. Great if you are going to be cruising the same speed for an extended period of time. But you have to know where you want to position it before you get going. Hard to do after you get moving. NEP works great. Eassy installation and easy to use. Push down to lock and flick it up to unlock. Holds throttle in the position you locked it but still able to turn the throttle if needed. Got mine for $17 somewhere on line. I think calsportbike.com