Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

rear cylinder missfireing

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Squid

peter lynch is on a distinguished road
rear cylinder missfireing

hi guys as above, when out on bike, could be any gear/rev range,sometimes the back cylinder misses a beat she fires unburned fuel back up the carb? any ideas? thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Squid

VeeTR is on a distinguished road
Its a common Storm thing so get used to it,there are a few things you can do to make it less of an issue but even then you will always get the occasional cough from the motor.Set your TPS,check valve clearances and balance the carbs will help somewhat
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by VeeTR
Its a common Storm thing so get used to it,there are a few things you can do to make it less of an issue but even then you will always get the occasional cough from the motor.Set your TPS,check valve clearances and balance the carbs will help somewhat
THANKS for the reply but TPS? What does that mean, valve clearance checked and carbs balanced, if u get back to me, one more thing, she also wont hold a constant trottle? any idea r is that a storm thing too, thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by peter lynch
THANKS for the reply but TPS? What does that mean, valve clearance checked and carbs balanced, if u get back to me, one more thing, she also wont hold a constant trottle? any idea r is that a storm thing too, thanks
Ok well thats a bit more of an issue then the usual cough through the airbox.With such little information its very hard to be exact...you could have a spark,fueling and/or compression problem.Are you sure its the rear cylinder?? Check your plugs first and put a pic of them up,they may give a clue to the problem.Has there been any work carried out recently?

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor

Give as much info as you can so it can be narrowed down somewhat to the likely culprit
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by VeeTR
Ok well thats a bit more of an issue then the usual cough through the airbox.With such little information its very hard to be exact...you could have a spark,fueling and/or compression problem.Are you sure its the rear cylinder?? Check your plugs first and put a pic of them up,they may give a clue to the problem.Has there been any work carried out recently?

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor

Give as much info as you can so it can be narrowed down somewhat to the likely culprit
ok here goes, about 3 mths ago front cct let go, left her with a lad to repair[same lad has 2 storms] work done 2 new ccts camchain valves[front] when i go the bike back it did not feel the same so i went back to him, he checked timing, balanced carbs etc, but she is not the same bike she was. before the breakdown i could not fault her, hope enough info here, ps plugs dry

Last edited by peter lynch; 12-15-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by peter lynch
ok here goes, about 3 mths ago front cct let go, left her with a lad to repair[same lad has 2 storms] work done 2 new ccts camchain valves[front] when i go the bike back it did not feel the same so i went back to him, he checked timing, balanced carbs etc, but she is not the same bike she was. before the breakdown i could not fault her, hope enough info here, ps plugs dry
Ill Pm my number,if your up around Dublin at all I can take a look