Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

rear cylinder missfireing

Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ireland
Posts: 7
peter lynch is on a distinguished road
rear cylinder missfireing

hi guys as above, when out on bike, could be any gear/rev range,sometimes the back cylinder misses a beat she fires unburned fuel back up the carb? any ideas? thanks
peter lynch is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM
  #2  
Member
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
VeeTR is on a distinguished road
Its a common Storm thing so get used to it,there are a few things you can do to make it less of an issue but even then you will always get the occasional cough from the motor.Set your TPS,check valve clearances and balance the carbs will help somewhat
VeeTR is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ireland
Posts: 7
peter lynch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VeeTR View Post
Its a common Storm thing so get used to it,there are a few things you can do to make it less of an issue but even then you will always get the occasional cough from the motor.Set your TPS,check valve clearances and balance the carbs will help somewhat
THANKS for the reply but TPS? What does that mean, valve clearance checked and carbs balanced, if u get back to me, one more thing, she also wont hold a constant trottle? any idea r is that a storm thing too, thanks
peter lynch is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM
  #4  
Member
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
VeeTR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by peter lynch View Post
THANKS for the reply but TPS? What does that mean, valve clearance checked and carbs balanced, if u get back to me, one more thing, she also wont hold a constant trottle? any idea r is that a storm thing too, thanks
Ok well thats a bit more of an issue then the usual cough through the airbox.With such little information its very hard to be exact...you could have a spark,fueling and/or compression problem.Are you sure its the rear cylinder?? Check your plugs first and put a pic of them up,they may give a clue to the problem.Has there been any work carried out recently?

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor

Give as much info as you can so it can be narrowed down somewhat to the likely culprit
VeeTR is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ireland
Posts: 7
peter lynch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VeeTR View Post
Ok well thats a bit more of an issue then the usual cough through the airbox.With such little information its very hard to be exact...you could have a spark,fueling and/or compression problem.Are you sure its the rear cylinder?? Check your plugs first and put a pic of them up,they may give a clue to the problem.Has there been any work carried out recently?

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor

Give as much info as you can so it can be narrowed down somewhat to the likely culprit
ok here goes, about 3 mths ago front cct let go, left her with a lad to repair[same lad has 2 storms] work done 2 new ccts camchain valves[front] when i go the bike back it did not feel the same so i went back to him, he checked timing, balanced carbs etc, but she is not the same bike she was. before the breakdown i could not fault her, hope enough info here, ps plugs dry

Last edited by peter lynch; 12-15-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: more info
peter lynch is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
  #6  
Member
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
VeeTR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by peter lynch View Post
ok here goes, about 3 mths ago front cct let go, left her with a lad to repair[same lad has 2 storms] work done 2 new ccts camchain valves[front] when i go the bike back it did not feel the same so i went back to him, he checked timing, balanced carbs etc, but she is not the same bike she was. before the breakdown i could not fault her, hope enough info here, ps plugs dry
Ill Pm my number,if your up around Dublin at all I can take a look
VeeTR is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
clac
Technical Discussion
4
08-24-2011 09:49 PM
motogomojo
Technical Discussion
5
07-12-2011 10:00 PM
driven
Classifieds
12
12-07-2008 05:09 AM
Kendrick
Technical Discussion
2
10-11-2008 04:10 PM
viperkillertt
Technical Discussion
97
04-07-2007 09:03 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rear cylinder missfireing


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.